CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Jul 21, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #77 of 2,395
HQPlayer 4.18.1 update is available.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #79 of 2,395
I’m staying with roon in my DX. If I got to think about it I generally don’t do it.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #80 of 2,395
I ran the update and rebooted, but in my HQP about page it still says I have 4.18.0
When you ran the update did the updating page say it was downloading the HQP package? Sometimes it doesn’t make connection to the sonicorbiter site.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #84 of 2,395
Just tried software update again and it is still the same. Can you double check that you see 4.18.1 in the About page in HQP settings?
You are correct. About 4.18.0 Software Manager 4.18.1

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #85 of 2,395
You are correct. About 4.18.0 Software Manager 4.18.1

Yes I sent an email to Tony Devitt. It seems that I do indeed have 4.18.1. It looks like that the About page hasn’t been updated. No doubt a trivial coding error. Seems like a more reliable method of checking which version is installed is to go to the software manager and then click the installed Apps tab.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #87 of 2,395
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #88 of 2,395
Wow, times they are a changing.

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #89 of 2,395
Some thoughts:
- It’s a pity they didn’t consider a dual BNC output from the reclocker to support upscaled PCM.
- S series looks like it makes EX/CX performance accessible at a lower price but external psu makes it a messy install.
- Its a pity they have dropped the brushed aluminium finish because it looks way better than black in the CX/EX range. At least the branding is more discreet on the black finished units.
- K30 looks to be the most interesting product in the range for me.

I think my next upgrade will be to seek out a used CX to add to my EX.

Aug 2, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #90 of 2,395
@andrewd01 thanks for your post I was about to push the button on a second CX EX combo :)

Yes I am with you of the only black version I much prefer the silver and it's going to be a deal breaker for me...sadly unless the silver becomes available.

K30 for me as well as I do not need a re-clocker along with with the added external connections. Any idea if the re-clocker works on any internal parts as well as external as it may be worth considering the extra cost ?

The K50 also gives three drive bays instead of two also not required by me.

One thing the CX EX combo gives is the double filtration as two ethernet connections and I wonder if the K30 and K50 has better filtration as only one connection for internet streaming ?

Again I also agree the S-Series very messy with power bricks or a separate power supply three boxes or four if you need the external clock !

Any one with a singular CX or EX snap one up quick the added performance is stellar and if they go in short supply could keep their value....

I am thinking of changing the title include the K and S Series any objections anyone ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back