CX 300 VS E2C????
Mar 18, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 12
When I had the E2s I could feel that there was something big in my ears. The CX-300 just seem to not be there when in my ears. I liked the sound of the E2 and the isolation they had but the CX-300 also sound very good and isolate. I would buy the less expensive Cx-300 over the E2 and did just that.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 12
i have no idea about EP-630 ??
First off all I should explain myself ..I `m from India(As they are not available here ).So i will be getting one these phones from US (my friend will buy these)..So If i got a crap phone then it will become a big problem..Also I like More Bass..
I think you yourself not comfortable with E2C (after reading your first post) but CX300 looks comfortable ..

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 12
From what I have read the EP-630 and Cx-300 look about the very same and sound very close the same. This would make the EP-630 a better value buy I would think. you can do a search on the EP-630. Oh the CX-300 have the behind the neck cord and the EP-630 have the Y cord.

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:29 AM Post #8 of 12
I might be in the minority here, but I prefer the e2c. As I commented in another thread, the cx300 has more extended high frequency response than the e2c, but the bass is more defined on the e2c, and my impression is that what the e2c does reproduce, it does better than the cx300. The cx300 has fizzy highs, a slightly attenuated midrange, and an undefined bass that doesn't differentiate between different bass notes. It sounds pretty decent for simpler passages, but it gets messy when there's a lot going on. The e2c has pretty decent bass for an earphone that goes lower than the cx300 and a very good midrange that excels with vocals. The e2c's achille's heel is that the high end is a bit rolled off, but I find that it's actually kind of pleasant and allows for longer listening sessions. The e2c also has the advantage of providing more isolation and no microphonics. Comfort might be an issue at first, but you should be able to adjust within a week or so. I personally think that there's enough of a difference is quality to justify the premium for the e2c, but others seem to be content with the cx300.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
Oh the CX-300 have the behind the neck cord and the EP-630 have the Y cord.

Hi
How do you wear them Lou? Mine are a J shape - the left cord is shorter than the right.

Do you take the cord over your ears and down your back?

Ian

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 12
iancraig10
I also have the J cord with the CX-300 and just put them behind my head and because I am sitting in my lounge chair the cord just sits on my shoulder. I have the CX-300 pluged into my stereo receiver headphone jack and listen to TV and movies that I have taped on my TIVO. Last night I saw ERIC CLAPTON: CROSSROADS. It sounded really great with the Cx-300. It was a bunch of guys playing the guitar who really could play very well and at times there were three or four of them just jamming together doing different guitar riffs. Great music for 2 1/2 hours. The CX-300 dissapered and felt like they were not there. I was using my KOSS 75 for my TV but I now find the CX-300much better comfort over the 75s and sound just as good. I have owned the E2s, er-4p, Shure E3C and find the CX-300 to be way better comfort over the other IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back