Cutting ground conductor from Virtual Dynamics Genesis power cable?
Jul 18, 2008 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Patrick82

Banned
I want to disable the ground of the Genesis power cable, I tried covering the ground pin with black tape but it didn't work good. I would like to cut the cable but I don't have the correct tools nor the proper strength to do it.

I asked Virtual Dynamics if they would build me a Judge power cable without the ground conductor but they said it wasn't possible.
What will I do?

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 9
Why would you damage a power cable at that price? The easiest thing to do would be to put a three prong to two adapter on the cable. If you worry about the quality of the adapter, have VD make you one. At least a cheap hardware adapter will let you determine what difference loosing a ground will provide. Another option would be to remove the ground wire from your receptacle.

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 9
You need one of these!

51mCfD5QIgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just disable the ground in your wall socket.

x2

This would be a no-brainer. And easily undoable if wanted...

Jul 19, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just disable the ground in your wall socket.

I would like to disable the ground between all my components because of ground noise interference. I have RGC-24 Ground Conditioners plugged into my DAC and all the ground noise gets drawn into it through the ground conductor. I could disable the ground inside my DAC but I don't want to ruin the warranty, I might sell it soon also.

I'm only able to use Toslink connection for my DAC, otherwise it sounds harsh and noisy. When using RGC-24 Ground Conditioner the component sounds better when it is isolated.

I could get those adapters but then I would pay money to get worse sound, I don't like that. Cutting the cable gives a better bang for the buck and it sounds the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or re-terminate with a new plug without connecting the ground conductor to the ground pin.

Why do you want to do this though? This is unsafe practice.

I have been searching for aftermarket connectors but none of them could take 6awg conductors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back