customs tips for triple.fi
Feb 21, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

joefosho315

100+ Head-Fier
Has anybody thought about getting custom tips for their UE triple.fi's? Where could I possibly get them, if possible at all? Lastly, would the custom tips be more of a comfort issue or would they significantly alter the sound quality as well?

Mar 15, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 8
Mar 15, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 8
One of my local UE distributors advised against making customs for the universal UEs. There're reasons why they make the UE10Pro, apparently:
1) sales and marketing
2) sonic inequality between universals w/ custom and plain customs
3) the universal UEs are already big enough as they are

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 8
They would be too big, I recommend using custom foamies(like Earsoft) instead, improves comfort and isolation considerably, you won't even notice they are in your ears.

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They would be too big, I recommend using custom foamies(like Earsoft) instead, improves comfort and isolation considerably, you won't even notice they are in your ears.

2 things...

with the flip-side mod, I wouldnt think it would make them appear to be any bigger once inserted.

Do you have a link to the Earsoft product you mentioned?

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Would you tell me what the flip-side mod is?
I'm also interested in the link to Earsoft, since I find the foamies for the Triple.fis less effective than the foamies that come with other IEMs such as the E500s.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jemsound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you tell me what the flip-side mod is?

Information on the flip side mod can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191204

It was originally intended for super.fi 5 Pros, but it works equally well for triple.fis. It makes them much more comfortable and keeps you from looking like frankenstein.

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #8 of 8
I use these http://www.e-a-r.info/_products_earsoft_yellowneons.htm
Cut them in half, punch a hole.
cool.gif

You can get them in a drugstore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back