CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Oct 24, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #211 of 2,466
Wow ... That's simply stunning. Can you post some more pictures please. It looks like silver "specks" in some kind of "mottled" faceplate - blue with white or silver streaks thru it. It's one of the nicest looking CIEM's that i have ever seen. Such amazing craftsmanship.

Well done!

Hi sorry, somehow I missed your comment. Let me post some more!

Fibae (2).jpg

Fibae (3).jpg

Fibae (1).jpg

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #214 of 2,466
Oct 30, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #216 of 2,466
Let me post my first impression. I am very satisfied with the bass region. It is punchy, tight. While listening to "Raul Midon - Invisible Chains" midbass pleases my ears while the timbre of the acoustic guitar relaxes my soul.
Upper mids are controlled, tamed. Highs are delicate and clear. General clarity is really impressive as well! That's it for now. So far so good! (DX200 Amp1 balanced as the source)

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #217 of 2,466
Let me post my first impression. I am very satisfied with the bass region. It is punchy, tight. While listening to "Raul Midon - Invisible Chains" midbass pleases my ears while the timbre of the acoustic guitar relaxes my soul.
Upper mids are controlled, tamed. Highs are delicate and clear. General clarity is really impressive as well! That's it for now. So far so good! (DX200 Amp1 balanced as the source)
Yes, I'm very impressed by it so far.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #219 of 2,466
Speaking of first impressions, I'm glad to announce that I'll be publishing my full review of the FIBAE 2 on THL (hopefully) by the end of the week! Stay tuned. :D
I was anticipating that one, looking forward to it! :ksc75smile:

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #220 of 2,466
Speaking of first impressions, I'm glad to announce that I'll be publishing my full review of the FIBAE 2 on THL (hopefully) by the end of the week! Stay tuned. :D
I guess we will see soon enough if our thoughts align

Nov 4, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #222 of 2,466
Hi all

I'm trying to decide on these or the Ei.XX as my first CIEM. I prefer the price of the FIBAE2 as it's at least £60 cheaper for me after conversion to GBP. I mostly listen to DnB, hip hop, some indie (Arctic Monkeys as an example) and some rock (System of a Down as an example) and just can't decide where to spend my money! I do like a neutral sound but also not a boring sound. Currently I use Beyerdynamic T90's at home and I love the sound of these other than the highs as they're quite harsh.

Any help appreciated!

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #223 of 2,466
Hi all

I'm trying to decide on these or the Ei.XX as my first CIEM. I prefer the price of the FIBAE2 as it's at least £60 cheaper for me after conversion to GBP. I mostly listen to DnB, hip hop, some indie (Arctic Monkeys as an example) and some rock (System of a Down as an example) and just can't decide where to spend my money! I do like a neutral sound but also not a boring sound. Currently I use Beyerdynamic T90's at home and I love the sound of these other than the highs as they're quite harsh.

Any help appreciated!
Well the Ei.xx is everything but neutral. It's bass-head IEM really so if you are looking for neutral response that's not the one for you. If maybe you consider natural signature than depending on how much bass is natural for you Ei.xx might be good. FIBAE2 will be more balanced it's still darker sounding IEM so it's not really that neutral but it's less colored and less bass heavy compared to Ei.xx Also thanks to FIBAE technology FIBAE2 won't be picky with your sound source, while Ei.xx will get bloated with higher output impedance sound source.

If by any chance you are in London please visit our distributor Aid2hearing.co.uk - Gisele has our demo, you can try them out and see if FIBAE2 is for you.

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #225 of 2,466
Well mine are winging there way back to CA for a refit. At least this time we have a good idea on what the issue is so hopefully get it sorted fairly quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back