Custom tips for my TF10
Sep 4, 2009 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

iriverdude

Banned
Looking into custom tips for my TF10, I know I need to get a impression done but are there any places in the UK that can make custom tips? Also can I choose which material they use, ie soft silicon and hard acylic?

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone post a pic with customs on TF10Pro?

I would love to see that as well. I'm about to pull the trigger on some UM56 tips, but the TF10 already looks a little unweildy without them
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Got the tips cost £60 including impressions. Right is a good fit, but left isn't. TBH not impressed with sound quality, all midrange and bass has gone. I've got a seal, it just sounds tinny. Don't sound like £200 phones. Waste of £60.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 10
Strange. Usually those kinds of things improve.

What kind of material is the tip?

Any inherent problems with the build of the tips that may interfere with the presentation (ex: blocking of port)?

Try turning the tips/phone around. Wear them tilted back and hanging down instead of forward and up over the ear like commonly done. I say this because it is a dual port design and unfortunately depending on orientation, there may be some time delay issue. It should theoretically combine once it transitions to a common tube, but I don't know. It's something to try out because it is noticeable simply as a universal with standard tips. Maybe a custom tip accentuates the issue.

Oct 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the tips cost £60 including impressions.

How come it only cost you £60, inclusive of impressions, when the usual price is £90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back