Custom sleeves in UK (esp. if for SE530)
May 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rbrierle

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Feeling like I deserve a present
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm considering getting some custom sleeves for my Shure SE530s.

I'm interested in two things:

- experiences of the companies providing custom sleeves in the uk (regardless of whether Shure, UE etc), quality of their product, price, etc

- experiences of custom sleeves with the 530s. I generally use the medium or large foamies and am interested in how the sound and/or isolation changes with customs.

TIA for any views.

Rob

May 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't think you'll find many companies in the UK supplying anything but ACS sleeves. ACS are based in Oxfordshire and pretty much have the UK market sewn up. Your experiences in service will only be down to the distributor.

I had ACS sleeves for my 530's through Audiorelief and their service to be honest was fairly good. I went via Boots Opticians (•*Hearing Aids - Boots hearingcare & David Ormerod Hearing Centres*•*) for my IE8 sleeves and that was a better experience. Prices shouldn't vary too much (£88). They make a big difference in terms of bass response (which is really lacking on 530's without proper acoustic seal), isolation and a general improvement in SQ plus I happen to think they look cool.

May 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 5
I've got an appointment at ACS next Friday so I'll let you know how it all goes. I'm probably going to get the customs for my Shure SE530s (though I'd like to know if the Etymotic hf2s are any good / better??)).

May 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi Rob,

How did you get on with ACS? i'm looking to get a pair of custom sleeves for my SE530's too, can't find any pictures online though. Did you order sleeves for yours? Does anyone have pics of their SE530's with ACS sleeves, or has anyone seen a pair?

I'd be grateful for any replys!

Thanks,

Chris

May 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't suppose you can reuse the sleeves on different IEMs - like UM2 and UM3x?

I hope they make my UM2s slightly clearer until I decide on a final upgrade.

Also, how comfy are they and do you lose anything with the very much 'canal' orientated design over a whole over-ear+canal shape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back