Custom q-jays eartips?
Jun 26, 2008 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

hypersoar

New Head-Fier
I would like to have a custom fit, but I can't afford fully custom made headphones right now. Would it be possible to have custom eartips made for my q-jays? How much would it cost?

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 18
It is very possible, I know that because I got a pair...

The customtips makes everything better, much more powerfull bass, better details and so on..

I am not very good at taking pictures but I will try to take one so you can see how it looks..

Aug 16, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #9 of 18
they can be pulled out easyli, so no problem there..

It is just a custuom earprotection with a special hole for the q-JAYS and a bigger hole leading to the ear than a normal piece, so if you are going to you lokal shop they will need to borrow your phones for a weeks or so..
It is BTW made of silicone

Aug 17, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 18
Wow! That looks awesome! So its effectively like custom tip for the q-JAYS? Removable as well? Wow, so you just go down to the hearing aid shop and ask them to make one? What did you tell them?

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #11 of 18
I showed them a picture of a pair of er4 with customtips and told them I wanted something similar, they got it right in the 2. try...

I also asked for a model that fills up the outer ear instead of just a tip too be inserted, so that they would isolate better (I use them at work, to protect my ears from noise).

The biggest difference is the bass, It is deep, powerfull and crisp, I get about the same amount of bass as the shure e-500, but much more sharp/crisp than my shures...

They are also much easier to insert and take out than universal tips, the only downside is that it takes ½ a minute or so for the tip to warm up and expand before I get the full effect of the isolation and bass, it also gets better over time, fitwise that is..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back