Custom PIMETA Request
May 13, 2004 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

roncri

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for a PIMETA but I'm looking for someone who can add one extra feature.

I'll be using this at work and need to frequently switch between headphones and PC speakers.

What I'd like is the standard line in into the amp. Then before the signal hit's the amp circuitry, I want to be able to switch between the headphone amp or have the signal routed back out through a second set on RCA jacks.

Basically I'm looking to combine a simple line switcher and PIMETA in a single case.

Any builders out there interested? If so, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
-Ron

May 13, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 13
I think you just need a pasive RCA outs, which I dont think a DIYer will have any trouble doing. Try to PM the DIYers most of have incredible service and outstanding craftmanship.

May 13, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 13
be sure to post this in the diy forum too

May 13, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Abula
I think you just need a pasive RCA outs, which I dont think a DIYer will have any trouble doing. Try to PM the DIYers most of have incredible service and outstanding craftmanship.

Passive outs would work, sorta. The problem is that the on/off for my PC speakers is not easy to get to which is why I liked the idea of being able to toggle between the Headphone Amp and the RCA outs.

May 13, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Passive outs would work, sorta. The problem is that the on/off for my PC speakers is not easy to get to which is why I liked the idea of being able to toggle between the Headphone Amp and the RCA outs.

I also use my AMP to first power the headphones and then send the signal to the a reciever/amp that powers the my speakers.

You should have an amp for driving your speakers, you could just turn it off.

May 13, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 13
you should also check out misterx , he does great amps and has a amazing turn around of either same day, or usually next day. I have purchased 2 Pimetas and a PPA/Steps from him all with a amazing turn around.

May 14, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
you should also check out misterx , he does great amps and has a amazing turn around of either same day, or usually next day. I have purchased 2 Pimetas and a PPA/Steps from him all with a amazing turn around.

Actually I would love a MisterX Pimeta but he wasn't interested in doing the switching function.

May 14, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by roncri
Actually I would love a MisterX Pimeta but he wasn't interested in doing the switching function.

Excuse me?
confused.gif

An internally switched y splitter aint nothing but a switch and an extra pair of RCA jacks.
Figure a $10 add-on to my "basic Pimeta"
wink.gif

May 14, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Try ITZBITZ first, he has a few PIMETA boards already built, so the turnaround time would be really quick. His prices are very reasonable and he's a nice guy to boot. http://audio.campcreations.com/

I can vouch for him. ITZBITZ is an INCREDIBLE guy. Ridiculously helpful. I talked to him on AIM for two weeks before i realized he sold amps. He was helping me choose parts so i could build my own! Never once did he try to sell or ask for payment for his multiple hours of advice. Give him a shot, you wont regret it.

PasqualinoMonk is his AIM screen name.

May 14, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #12 of 13
Throw in my nod for Mister X.

Spent a few days helping me out pick out an amp. I decided on the Pimeta and he was very helpful in recommending the components. He was quick to respond to emails and very friendly.

He threw in a few extras to get me started as this is my first amp and I couldn't of been more pleased with the transaction.

Hopefully the amp arrives tommorow so I can spend the weekend giving it a listen and enjoying some music ...
cool.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #13 of 13
Just recevied my Pimeta with the RCA outs from MisterX and I couldn't be happier. The sound is incredible with my Senn HD580's and with a flick of the toggle switch, I can route the signal to my PC speakers.

back.JPG

-Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back