Custom Pimeta Case *pics*
May 24, 2007 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, today, after a revelation I had this morning, I began work on a custom Wooden case for my Pimeta, Tread, and Toroid. It will be made out of 100% solid Cedar Heartwood. So far I have the edges cut to size as well as the bottom glued. The top will be transparent Makrolon polycarbonate, unless I (or you) can think of something better. I will post my CAD design that I whipped up as well as pictures when I can.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 80
Here is a picture of the unfinished case. Sorry about picture quality, phone picture.

case1.jpg

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 80
looks very nice so far.

do I correctly assume that you will coat it?
and one hole in the front looks suspiciously like it was made for a neutrik 1/4" connector

I have to ask my grandfather for a nice wooden case, he's a retired cabinetmaker, and always on the lookout for a new project
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 80
That looks pretty cool I can't wait to see it completed. What kind of finish are you going to do the cedar?

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #7 of 80
<borat>Very Nice!</borat>

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 80
I know I need a better Desktop amp, the CMoy is all I got now. I plan on building a PIMETA.

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #13 of 80
Ok, I decided to stop at 5 coats as it wasn't getting any better. I have begun mounting components. Its a real pain when you are working with 1/2" of material in all directions, a lot of sink holes to be drilled and filled. Heh, drilled and filled.

Already messed up once and had to fill a nice 1/4" hole through the bottom with sawdust and glue, I should be able to clean it up nice. Its on the bottom anyhow.

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #14 of 80
pics pics pics!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back