Custom IEM Set-up
Jan 16, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #17 of 52

Quote:
Can anybody remove any from the list?

I haven't heard any on your list, with my customs inventory being the Merlins and JH5 (with the 8.A on the way), but from my understanding the FS mg6pro is definitely a bass heavy CIEM. And judging by their universals, I'm pretty sure all FS are bass oriented. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #19 of 52

Quote:
Hmmm. I'll keep that in mind. I'll be interested what you think of the 8.A when they come in.

I will be sure to do a review of some sort when they come in. But FYI there are already 2 pretty detailed reviews of the 8.A that I'm aware of here on head-fi. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #20 of 52
I recommend the JH13 as well.  With the JH3A it sounds even better but that's optional..

I haven't tried the other IEMs other than a JH5 so I can't compare them.

I use my JH13 with an iModded ipod from Red Wine Audio and I'm using a Mini3 headphone amp.  I also am using the Whiplash TWAG OM cable instead of the stock cable and it makes the bass sound absolutely amazing.  

However, half the time I just use the JH13s with my iphone and it sounds great too.

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #24 of 52
Thanks for the link. I'm actually thinking about selling my HM-801 and buying the Colorfly C4 after reading some reviews, plus I think it just looks so much better. Also, just to keep y'all in the loop, I'm probably gonna buy the CLAS for my iPhone with either the SR71-B or 2Stepdance.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #26 of 52
I'm really not sure, I don't think I'll be getting JH, Sensaphonics, or the 6.A unless somebody can really change my mind. I'm actually quite surprised how many people voted for the Miracle, I didn't think it was so above all the others. I'm also quite surprised nobody has liked the EM4. I probably need to spend a good couple hours reading all the reviews.

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #27 of 52

Quote:
I'm really not sure, I don't think I'll be getting JH, Sensaphonics, or the 6.A unless somebody can really change my mind. I'm actually quite surprised how many people voted for the Miracle, I didn't think it was so above all the others. I'm also quite surprised nobody has liked the EM4. I probably need to spend a good couple hours reading all the reviews.

Nice!  What Sensaphonics product are you interested in?  The 6.A and 8.A look awesome!  Those are two companies I have not read about yet.  I hope you get a chance to demo the JH3A before you make a decision.  It's a fun unit.

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #28 of 52
Both Sensaphonics and Heir Audio are both brands I found just by searching the forums and they were mentioned. The Heir Audios show promise, from what I understand it was an audiologist on the forum who decided to create his own brand after making some customs. The Sensaphonics, I was actually just trying to get more info on more than anything else, I haven't read much about them besides a lot of people bashing it for being made of silicon. I really wish I could just like put down a down-payment or something and have them send me demo versions.....If only..........

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #29 of 52
Have you considered Pico Slim as well? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back