Custom IEM choices and options
Jul 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 18
1964 Ears is a top choice in terms of combining a quality product with excellent customer service--and they not too far away, too!

Westone is another excellent choice for both customer service and quality products.

Sensaphonics has good reputation among musicians. Many of the others have either customer service issues or require overseas shipping wait times. I'd say focus on 1964 Ears and Westone and you won't go wrong. Oh, and find an excellent audiologist.

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 18
DRM Earz, started by a touring drummer Mitch, has 2 new products, the 3X and 4X.  I have the 4X is a quad driver and it has a warmish sound with very good bass and the treble is bright.  I would say the sound signature is somewhat close to the JH16.  You can check out my thread here for what I own and additional information.  A few other options include:
- Alclair, a new company started by the person that now runs Livewires also has some new custom IEMs that may be good.
- Westone AC2 (review by project86)
- Thousand Sound TS842 fits the bill except for the slightly recessed treble.  The dynamic bass driver is great with all sorts of drums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back