CUSTOM DIY NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES BETTER THAN BOSE QC15. For 30 Bucks!
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Doc-holliday

Never did like custom titles.
Ok you are going to think I am kidding, but yes I actually DID do the following test.

People argue that 300 bucks is a lot to pay for some noise canceling headphones and the audio quality isn't always the greatest.

Well today I actually did the follwing test. Today I got my new pair of CX200 Sennheiser IEMs. I bought them originally to maybe use at the gym or maybe give to my wife. Cost me a whoppin 20 bucks.

The first thing I noticed what the amazing fit. They are snug and get a seriously nice seal with the provided tips. I wasn't expecting much out of them and I must say I was shocked with how good they sounded for the money. I had to have my buddies at work listen to them too and they all agreed they sure didn't sound half bad.

I looked over on the shelf and saw something that gave me an idea. So we proceeded to make a pair of closed isolating cans that rival the NC on the Bose since most everyone agrees Bose lacks in sound quality but in NC they are at the top of the heap.

All you need is one of these (20 dollars):

719a6315.jpg

And a pair of these (10 dollars):

42cf5da0.jpg

3M Ear protecting ear muffs!

$20 + $10 = $30 bucks!

Tested in my server room completely canceled out all ambient noise.... As good as the qc15 with no batteries!!! :)

Okay, okay, okay i really did this test but I am obviously kidding to some degree but the real moral to the story is that the little cx200's make a great pair of backups or for the gym if you don't want to bring your expensive iems or cans. I think they sound great.

Those that like hiphop and bass will especially like these. They are bassy but don't bloat and flab out on you. I even enjoyed them as a triplefi 10 owner. NIce to change up the sound signature although they are obviously not in the same leauge.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 6
Oh. I get it now. Dismantle an expensive working pair of closed cans containing good drivers to make a jury-rigged version of the same pair of cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back