Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Jan 21, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #406 of 449
I paired the 8.2 with an AK70 (admittedly because of its gorgeous looks rather than performance :p ). It's a good match imo, with a slightly laidback sound that matches the Harmony's overall organic tone, and it drives them well beyond comfortable listening levels.

Mar 6, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #408 of 449
I thought I'd post some updated impressions about my Harmony's since I've finally had some time to spend with them after my refit adventure; Mostly because to my ears they do sound a bit different than I remember when I demo'ed the universal version during the tour, and it differs from my informal review over in that thread a little. First things first, the bass has slightly higher quantity to my ears compared to the universal. In fact, this was my only real nitpick of the demo, because on certain EDM tracks it could occasionally lack some warmth and slam that I categorized as a "lack of a traditional mid bass bump in the tuning" (which was odd to me considering this is a warm and organic headphone). This isn't really the case any more, and I find that the custom version offered much of what I was missing. Piotr told me that my ear canals are oddly shaped, so it seems to me that that was perhaps causing some attenuation of the bass. With that said the overall signature is slightly altered due to this, and it seems slightly more natural sounding (though this isn't to say it didn't sound natural before) and a bit more linear - fuller to my ears. I was surprised by this, as I was told the customs should sound nearly identical to the universal. I don't think that the Harmony's are negatively affected, and impressions are just as strong as before, ie: not a massive difference, but enough. Since I'm going off of months old memories, it might also be that I hear the treble as slightly more laid back as well compared to initial impressions, but I'm not certain. Overall it seems to be even more organic and even-tempered than I originally heard, and they are just as great - perhaps even better now with a refit and some burn in. It makes me want to try more of what Custom Art has in their lineup to see what wonders are there :p

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #409 of 449
Enjoy your newly/refitted CIEM's!

My H8.2's will be shipped today if everything goes according to plan.. I can't wait to put them in. I also really liked the universal demo's. Bass amount did vary when using the different tips but they all sounded nice to me. I sure hope the customs will serve me well :)

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #410 of 449
Bought a used one from another user. Am so stoked. Now impatiently waiting for my appointment next week to get the ear impressions. And a loooong wait to get it re-shelled. By the way, what DAP does everyone use H8.2? In the market for a DAP and wanted to see what goes best with this.
What is your DAP budget?

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #411 of 449
I thought I'd post some updated impressions about my Harmony's since I've finally had some time to spend with them after my refit adventure; Mostly because to my ears they do sound a bit different than I remember when I demo'ed the universal version during the tour, and it differs from my informal review over in that thread a little. First things first, the bass has slightly higher quantity to my ears compared to the universal. In fact, this was my only real nitpick of the demo, because on certain EDM tracks it could occasionally lack some warmth and slam that I categorized as a "lack of a traditional mid bass bump in the tuning" (which was odd to me considering this is a warm and organic headphone). This isn't really the case any more, and I find that the custom version offered much of what I was missing. Piotr told me that my ear canals are oddly shaped, so it seems to me that that was perhaps causing some attenuation of the bass. With that said the overall signature is slightly altered due to this, and it seems slightly more natural sounding (though this isn't to say it didn't sound natural before) and a bit more linear - fuller to my ears. I was surprised by this, as I was told the customs should sound nearly identical to the universal. I don't think that the Harmony's are negatively affected, and impressions are just as strong as before, ie: not a massive difference, but enough. Since I'm going off of months old memories, it might also be that I hear the treble as slightly more laid back as well compared to initial impressions, but I'm not certain. Overall it seems to be even more organic and even-tempered than I originally heard, and they are just as great - perhaps even better now with a refit and some burn in. It makes me want to try more of what Custom Art has in their lineup to see what wonders are there :p
Might I recommend the FIBAE 3 if you want to try an exceptional IEM from Custom Art? I have the universal 8.2 in my possession and since I am finishing another review(not Custom Art) it has become time to really give my time to CA for critical listening and I think both the 8.2 and F3 are fantastic, I will gladly even throw the FIBAE 2 in the mix depending on the signature that you are looking for. Aside from the older CA models I have heard the three latest releases, except for the MassDrop version.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #412 of 449
Might I recommend the FIBAE 3 if you want to try an exceptional IEM from Custom Art? I have the universal 8.2 in my possession and since I am finishing another review(not Custom Art) it has become time to really give my time to CA for critical listening and I think both the 8.2 and F3 are fantastic, I will gladly even throw the FIBAE 2 in the mix depending on the signature that you are looking for. Aside from the older CA models I have heard the three latest releases, except for the MassDrop version.

I was hoping to try/buy the FIBAE 2, but I'm curious about a cooler more detailed oriented signature. Most of my preferences fall into the warm category, and my top 3 favorite headphones right now reflect that (LCD-2, 8.2 Harmony, and TH-X00 respectively), so I'm a little hesitant because I'm afraid I might dislike them. I am very tempted though, thanks for the recommendation! :p

Mar 7, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #413 of 449
I was hoping to try/buy the FIBAE 2, but I'm curious about a cooler more detailed oriented signature. Most of my preferences fall into the warm category, and my top 3 favorite headphones right now reflect that (LCD-2, 8.2 Harmony, and TH-X00 respectively), so I'm a little hesitant because I'm afraid I might dislike them. I am very tempted though, thanks for the recommendation! :p
I generally prefer a warmer tone to my IEM's but I have found the F3 be be a wonderful blend of air, clarity with a delicious sub bass.

Mar 25, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #414 of 449
About two weeks ago my H8.2's arrived. I am very satisfied with them.

CIEMs.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #416 of 449
About two weeks ago my H8.2's arrived. I am very satisfied with them.

Mine arrived nearly at the same time. :) I really like the combo of AK70 MKII and H8.2
DSC_2360.JPG

The only thing left is deciding on another cabel...I don't like that memory wire...

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #418 of 449
IMG_2028.JPG IMG_2030.JPG
Mine arrived nearly at the same time. :) I really like the combo of AK70 MKII and H8.2

The only thing left is deciding on another cabel...I don't like that memory wire...

Nice! That AK70 MKII looks like a nice upgrade. I gotta say I also like the AK70 MKI as a DAP. Also because it fits in the Pelican 1010 like it's made for it..

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #419 of 449

Nice! That AK70 MKII looks like a nice upgrade. I gotta say I also like the AK70 MKI as a DAP. Also because it fits in the Pelican 1010 like it's made for it..
:ksc75smile: you just made my day....i never thought of trying to fit the ak70 into the pelican...perfect fit:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back