Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Nov 25, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #391 of 449
The older, cheaper Trimetal has been replaced by the newer, more expensive T-metal. I guess there's probably more gold in the wires.

I've sold my old X Trimetal to @linux4ever who paired it with his H8.2, and the good news is, he reports it as a great combo. The bad news is you can't really get that cable new anymore.

That's very true. I'm unfortunately not aware of any other cable in PlusSound's line-up that would pair as well with the H8.2 as the Ares II does.

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #396 of 449
Glamor Shots ~

P1130760.JPG
P1130762.JPG

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #403 of 449
Bought a used one from another user. Am so stoked. Now impatiently waiting for my appointment next week to get the ear impressions. And a loooong wait to get it re-shelled. By the way, what DAP does everyone use H8.2? In the market for a DAP and wanted to see what goes best with this.

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #404 of 449
Congratulations. You've got yourself a treat.

I use Ak120ii and that's one good dap. You might find couple of them on sale here in the used section for $500-550. For that price, I wouldn't even think and would just buy it.

It pairs quite well with chord Mojo and ifi idsd black label dac/amp.

If you are on a budget but still want good quality device with good quality sound, I would recommend cayin n5ii. The new one retails for $369. That's outstanding price to performance.

Good luck.

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #405 of 449
Congratulations. You've got yourself a treat.

I use Ak120ii and that's one good dap. You might find couple of them on sale here in the used section for $500-550. For that price, I wouldn't even think and would just buy it.

It pairs quite well with chord Mojo and ifi idsd black label dac/amp.

If you are on a budget but still want good quality device with good quality sound, I would recommend cayin n5ii. The new one retails for $369. That's outstanding price to performance.

Good luck.
Thank you for the info. I would prefer not to use an amp and play directly fron the DAP. Is AK120ii powerful enough to drive it directly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back