Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Sep 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #361 of 449
Great paring! Mojo is fantastic combo with 8.2

I'm pairing Ak120ii via optical cable to Mojo. When it is silent (no music playing) I hear a fairly strong hiss. It happens with Rhapsodio solar too with the same pairing. Anybody else having the same issue? If yes, what did you do to remove the hiss? Did you an impedance adapter? Any suggestions are welcome

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #362 of 449
I'm pairing Ak120ii via optical cable to Mojo. When it is silent (no music playing) I hear a fairly strong hiss. It happens with Rhapsodio solar too with the same pairing. Anybody else having the same issue? If yes, what did you do to remove the hiss? Did you an impedance adapter? Any suggestions are welcome

Hmm... that's interesting. I don't think I've ever heard hiss from the H8.2 before. I'll definitely give it a shot when I get home.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #365 of 449
I've seen some messages with hiss when paired with chord Hugo.

Ak120ii single ended straight to harmony 8.2 no hiss. I haven't tried balanced out yet.

But when paired with ak120ii + MOJO, the hiss is there. Let me try with another source paired to MOJO.

I'm listening to the H8.2 right now through the Mojo connected to my PC via USB and I can't detect any hiss. There wasn't any hiss when I plugged it into the Mojo and none with music playing. Maybe it's your optical cable picking up some noise. Hissing with the Hugo (especially the first one) would be understandable, because (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Mojo is actually quieter than the Hugo in terms of self-noise. I too have never heard hiss come from an AK player, ever, regardless of whatever IEM I plug into it.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #366 of 449
Thanks Deezel177.

The optical cable has been good so far and I've paired it with opus #1. Only last week I had sold it. So dont have any other player to test the cable with. Either it could be the cable or it could be a faulty optical out of ak120ii.

Will do some more testing. I'll borrow my friend's ak120ii, if needed.

But despite the hiss, when the music starts playing that's completely subdued. And the details and clarity is outstanding when paired with MOJO. Harmony 8.2 is extremely good.

Sep 19, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #367 of 449
I checked with another optic cable and it works fine without a hiss. Phew!!! Glad that the IEMs and AK120II are fine and only the optical cable was faulty. Now to more listening. But so far, the more time I'm spending with Harmony8.2, the more it is amazing me. The highs and the details are there but hides itself like a shy person. The bass is astounding without any bloat. Has good texture. Very good quality and quantity when needed.

Some of the songs in albums of MJ - Dangerous, Invincible, the songs have more clarity and the multiple instruments and bass that are used come out with clarity & authority. Definitely what TOTL iems ought to do. and this does it effortlessly.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #368 of 449
I checked with another optic cable and it works fine without a hiss. Phew!!! Glad that the IEMs and AK120II are fine and only the optical cable was faulty. Now to more listening. But so far, the more time I'm spending with Harmony8.2, the more it is amazing me. The highs and the details are there but hides itself like a shy person. The bass is astounding without any bloat. Has good texture. Very good quality and quantity when needed.

Some of the songs in albums of MJ - Dangerous, Invincible, the songs have more clarity and the multiple instruments and bass that are used come out with clarity & authority. Definitely what TOTL iems ought to do. and this does it effortlessly.

Great to hear, man! Enjoy! :D

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #369 of 449

Yaaay! Mystery solved
Enjoy!

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #371 of 449
Glad it's working!

On a side note, how did you guys deal with the wait? Just sitting around waiting for my impressions to get to CA is killing me :p

Forget you ever ordered, listen to your other IEMs, then wake up a couple months later to a pleasant surprise! :D

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #372 of 449
On a side note, how did you guys deal with the wait? Just sitting around waiting for my impressions to get to CA is killing me :p
Forget you ever ordered, listen to your other IEMs, then wake up a couple months later to a pleasant surprise! :D
Aka 'ciem order hyper sleep mode'. Welcome to that club! :grin:
tumblr_oqverpBVa01qmob6ro1_400.gif

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #375 of 449
David,

Can't wait for my 8.2s to arrive, i bought them from a head-fi user on the first of this month and immediately placed my order for the ownership transfer.
Of course i couldn't help myself and requested some custom artwork and bought a ares ii cable (separately)
I don't really mind playing the waiting game especially since my 6xx won't be here yet before christmas and i am considering getting a toxic widow cable for the 8.2s

I again would like to thank Piotr and Kamil for the great Customer support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back