Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Apr 8, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #317 of 449
Hello Harmony 8.2 owners,

I am about to receive a pair of Harmony 8.2 upgraded from Ei.xx.
While I could clearly appreciate the sound coming from my Linum Bax with the Ei.xx, I don't know if it will be a great improvement for the Harmony, over the stock cable.
Could you guys recommend a good cable, and if so, put a few words to explain the kind of improvement I could get?

Regards,

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #318 of 449
Hello Harmony 8.2 owners,

I am about to receive a pair of Harmony 8.2 upgraded from Ei.xx.
While I could clearly appreciate the sound coming from my Linum Bax with the Ei.xx, I don't know if it will be a great improvement for the Harmony, over the stock cable.
Could you guys recommend a good cable, and if so, put a few words to explain the kind of improvement I could get?

Regards,

Nothing and I mean NOTHING beats linum bax in the comfort department, so if that's a thing for you perhaps the super bax cable that linum just launched, it halves the impedance of the cable

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #319 of 449
@walbum4262,
Thank you,
I totally agree regarding the comfort, but for sustainability I don't.
Have a look to both of my Linum Bax, after one year:

I am not the only one complaining about their cables, if you take a look at their topic in the cable section of the forum. you'll see.
Therefore, I am looking for something sturdier

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #320 of 449
  @walbum4262,
Thank you,
Have a look to both of my Linum Bax, after one year:

OMG...that doesn't look good at all
blink.gif

What on earth did you do with that cables?
janis-miglavs-cowboy-driving-cattle-with-lasso-through-central-oregon-usa.jpg

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #321 of 449
  @walbum4262,
Thank you,
I am not the only one complaining about their cables, if you take a look at their topic in the cable section of the forum. you'll see.
Therefore, I am looking for something sturdier

Damn - I've been using my Linum Bax heavily for a little over a year I guess - almost everyday for 2-3 hours (and I haven't been treating it that nice).
Haven't had an issue - maybe the 2pin connector is a lot more solid than the mmcx as it's "molded" onto the cable.

It's great with the H8.2 btw. :) 

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #323 of 449

Damn - I've been using my Linum Bax heavily for a little over a year I guess - almost everyday for 2-3 hours (and I haven't been treating it that nice).
Haven't had an issue - maybe the 2pin connector is a lot more solid than the mmcx as it's "molded" onto the cable.

It's great with the H8.2 btw. :) 

Nope they aren't, I broke many jacks...

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #325 of 449
+4 (for the amount of Linum Jacks that died on me)

Hello Mr Butchi,

I could have asked the question on tellementnomade's forum, but since you are here.
What would you recommend as a nice premium cable for the Harmony 8.2, please? if nothing specific, should I go with full Silver or full copper?

Regards

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #326 of 449

What would you recommend as a nice premium cable for the Harmony 8.2, please? if nothing specific, should I go with full Silver or full copper?

Earlier in the thread Effect Audio Ares 2+ is mentioned. Full copper. Got the thumbs up from Piotr as well.

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #327 of 449

Earlier in the thread Effect Audio Ares 2+ is mentioned. Full copper. Got the thumbs up from Piotr as well.

Yeah EA Ares 2 would be good upgrade already, don't know about the "+" though because you could expect it to make sound even more mellow. Depends on the budget but Lionsheart or even Eros II could be good match too

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #329 of 449
  Anyone pair up the Harmony 8.2 or Harmony 8 Pro with the DX200? If so, how does it sound? 

It does not make the H8.2 sound overly "warm". I mean this in a good way. 

Paired with Effect Audio Ares2+

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #330 of 449

+4 (for the amount of Linum Jacks that died on me)

Hello Mr Butchi,

I could have asked the question on tellementnomade's forum, but since you are here.

Regards

Hey, while not being a cable non-believer, I have mostly seen very moderate improvements from cables, resulting in my looking for comfort over SQ in a cable.
I personally ended up using my last BaX with H8.2 until I had to let them go for ENT reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back