Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Nov 17, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #301 of 449
Just wondering what kind of source that youve tried?

I'm using Effect Audio Eros II cables, FIIO X7 AM3 for portable and IFI micro iDSD + Pro iCAN at home. I seriously didn't expect such a significant performance jump from moving to balanced.

EDIT: I should clarify what I mean - to me it's a qualitative change; it's not just more of this or that. Balanced sounds different.
The adjective "light" keeps coming up in my head, not because it sounds thin or anything like that. It just sounds effortless... An audiophile's life truly is full of surprises :)

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #302 of 449
Six weeks have passed since the whole left-IEM-randomly-drops-volume debacle and I was pleasantly surprised when a recent visit to Music Sanctuary rewarded me with my repaired and redone H8.2's!

Reshelled with more height to prevent socket/pin-to-skin-and-hair contact and with tiny adjustments to the artwork, my babies are now back.

Though, I must admit, they weren't entirely perfect. A placement/molding issue prevented aftermarket cables from fully plugging into the left IEM socket (what is with me and the left side of my IEMs?).

Fortunately, @Kozato of MS was able to successfully (albeit kinda crudely) carve away the extra material with a cutter and it was back in full working condition!

Overall, it hasn't been the smoothest journey in the world, but I'm still quite pleased with CA's products and service. I just can't wait to spend more time with my H8.2 with, hopefully, no more hiccups along the way.

Cheers!

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #303 of 449
Six weeks have passed since the whole left-IEM-randomly-drops-volume debacle and I was pleasantly surprised when a recent visit to Music Sanctuary rewarded me with my repaired and redone H8.2's!

Reshelled with more height to prevent socket/pin-to-skin-and-hair contact and with tiny adjustments to the artwork, my babies are now back.

Though, I must admit, they weren't entirely perfect. A placement/molding issue prevented aftermarket cables from fully plugging into the left IEM socket (what is with me and the left side of my IEMs?).

Fortunately, @Kozato of MS was able to successfully (albeit kinda crudely) carve away the extra material with a cutter and it was back in full working condition!

Overall, it hasn't been the smoothest journey in the world, but I'm still quite pleased with CA's products and service. I just can't wait to spend more time with my H8.2 with, hopefully, no more hiccups along the way.

Cheers!

Is the fit and sound fine on them?

Happy to hear that you are happy with your H8.2s!

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #305 of 449
A placement/molding issue prevented aftermarket cables from fully plugging into the left IEM socket (what is with me and the left side of my IEMs?).

We can obviously only assure compliance with our own cables. It's also typical that new sockets are very very tight which means that you probably didn't have to cut anything but just attach and detach the cable a couple of times to "streach" sockets a bit.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #306 of 449
  We can obviously only assure compliance with our own cables. It's also typical that new sockets are very very tight which means that you probably didn't have to cut anything but just attach and detach the cable a couple of times to "streach" sockets a bit.

Yes, I can confirm the left IEM (prior to shaving) did work with the stock cable due to, I'm guessing, the longer pins on the stock cable being able to reach deeper into the socket, as they were significantly longer. Calvin and I tried plugging in two aftermarket cables and both went into the socket snugly, but the left IEM produced no sound. Nevertheless, what's done is done and I'm sure I'll have no problem with the slightly "altered" socket after about a week's worth of nitpicking. I still highly regard your work Piotr, and all the best for you and the whole CA team! =D

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #307 of 449
Dec 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #308 of 449
Just a quick reminder for European people who wish to try the 8.2 at home the European demo tour is available here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/823648/the-custom-art-harmony-8-2-european-demo-tour

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #309 of 449
I've recently realized how much I needed a pair of customs for portable use because I am out and about a lot these days. Initially I was planning on getting a pair of EI.3's, but I was hesitant because I wasn't sure that the sound was what I was looking for (especially as my tastes have changed over time). However, once I was comfortable with the idea of spending over $1000 for a pair of headphones, I found some reviews of the Harmony 8.2 and thought it might fit the bill perfectly. In fact, this review http://headfonics.com/2016/10/the-harmony-8-2-by-custom-art/2/ mentioned that they are similar to the LCD-2.2 in tonality - cans which I own and adore. Could anyone comment on this comparison? And perhaps between the 8.2 and the EI.3 as well? Finding relevant comparisons and consistent reviews has been a challenge, any and all help is much appreciated! ^_~    

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #310 of 449
I own H8.2. Before purchase, I borrowed M2 and Ei.3, and also had an opportunity to check Pro330v2 and Ei.xx.
Ei.3 definitely lack treble, the magic is gone. M2 were substantially better, but in the other hand not so good for bass-heavy music. Switching between these two left the impression that I need something else as an Audeo successor.
In CA's office I spent some time with Pro330v2, that suits my needs, and I almost made a choice... Until the curiosity became too hard to resist and I tried Harmony. The difference is really huge, and I had no other option than to extend the budget again and buy them.

Ei.3 most likely won't suit you, assuming that Audeze are indeed similar to H8.2.
I've seen used Pro330v2 on mp3store forum (Polish one) for the incredibly low price, lower than both M2 and Ei.3 (incl. reshell). If not Harmony, I'd go this way.

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #311 of 449
  I've recently realized how much I needed a pair of customs for portable use because I am out and about a lot these days. Initially I was planning on getting a pair of EI.3's, but I was hesitant because I wasn't sure that the sound was what I was looking for (especially as my tastes have changed over time). However, once I was comfortable with the idea of spending over $1000 for a pair of headphones, I found some reviews of the Harmony 8.2 and thought it might fit the bill perfectly. In fact, this review http://headfonics.com/2016/10/the-harmony-8-2-by-custom-art/2/ mentioned that they are similar to the LCD-2.2 in tonality - cans which I own and adore. Could anyone comment on this comparison? And perhaps between the 8.2 and the EI.3 as well? Finding relevant comparisons and consistent reviews has been a challenge, any and all help is much appreciated! ^_~    

Yep, they share some characterestics in signature, although I sold my LCD2.2 some time ago because of it's weight and skullcrushing force. Both have superb (sub)bass, good soundstage and a very natural tonality. On my LCD2.2 I had a Moon Audio Silver Dragon, V3 Premium cable which made it scale up big time imo. My favourite cable on the H8.2 is a Norne 23awg silver one, brings out an incredible level of details, improves the treble and makes it sound a bit airier.

H8.2 ain't my most expensive iem, but I consider it my best one 'till now (Zeus coming in though) and I have used it by far the most out of my small collection over the past months, which speaks for itself. When you have the budget, just pick it up...I'm sure you won't regret it
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #313 of 449
Thanks for the thoughts @MakaanPL and @Kerouac! Hearing that is absolutely going to push me over the decision-making edge. They're definitely on my short list, and will be my next purchase. I look to forward to actually owning a custom after drooling over them for so long 
tongue.gif
 If only I knew the rabbit hole I'd fall down when I joined this site 
rolleyes.gif
 Not that I regret it either. I guess it's time to get to saving up xD

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #314 of 449

Yep, they share some characterestics in signature, although I sold my LCD2.2 some time ago because of it's weight and skullcrushing force. Both have superb (sub)bass, good soundstage and a very natural tonality. On my LCD2.2 I had a Moon Audio Silver Dragon, V3 Premium cable which made it scale up big time imo. My favourite cable on the H8.2 is a Norne 23awg silver one, brings out an incredible level of details, improves the treble and makes it sound a bit airier.

H8.2 ain't my most expensive iem, but I consider it my best one 'till now (Zeus coming in though) and I have used it by far the most out of my small collection over the past months, which speaks for itself. When you have the budget, just pick it up...I'm sure you won't regret it
ksc75smile.gif

I too have sold my fazored LCD2 mostly due to lack of comfort. To my ear, LCD2F has more bass extension (no surprise), but is outclassed by H8.2 on everything else. Maybe the model I had was unusual, but they sounded muddy, much less defined than H8.2 (granted, I only used stock cables on audezes)

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #315 of 449
The 8.2 sounds amazing with Sony ZX2 and a silver cable aswell ( I suspect that it sounds good out of most DAP's
smily_headphones1.gif
)

i have sony zx2 + silver whiplash twag v3 (8-con) able , and i am so ready to listen to your demo 8.2 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back