Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Aug 31, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #211 of 449
I need between 10-15 hours on a battery that's why the Sony is such a great math for me with battery going up to 20-25 hours between charges and then it just gave awesome sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Why would you need so many (listening) hours in a row? For long flights, or are you working such long shifts?
Although I'm waiting for the iBasso DX200, the ZX2 also still is an interesting dap to try sometimes 
rolleyes.gif

But in the meantime.....natural/analogue sounding P1 + H8.2 does the job perfectly fine for my ears

Some additional impressions about H8.2 silicone version;

It sounds from a slightly warm and natural perspective. It has some grains (in a positive way) on notes that result in a some kind of organic presentation. It has truer tone than H8P and it is less effortless in terms of treble note releasing.  

The lows are neither overpowered nor laid back. It can handle fast metal tracks and there is no mid-bass thump. The midrange is slightly forward and the monitor's tune focuses on the tonality rather than the clarity. The treble is laid-back and non-fatiguing; less colored than H8P. If you are a treble head, H8P would be a better choice,but at a cost of getting more sensitive high frequency presentation. H8.2 doesn't have a superbly wide stage, but the depth provides a good layering. In addition, its coherence is quite satisfying and the presentation is easy to follow. 

Interesting! A full review on the horizon?

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #212 of 449
Why would you need so many (listening) hours in a row? For long flights, or are you working such long shifts?
Although I'm waiting for the iBasso DX200, the ZX2 also still is an interesting dap to try sometimes :rolleyes:

But in the meantime.....natural/analogue sounding P1 + H8.2 does the job perfectly fine for my ears

Interesting! A full review on the horizon?

1 hour commute to work 8 hour work day 1hour back again and then ones or twice a week 2nd work for 3-5 hours :) I get to listen to a lot of music :)

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #216 of 449

Nope that's a demo 8.2

Actually that's an universal - given away at CanJam London.

I don't like to advertise this option but if you ask we may consider doing universal for you :D (no fit guarantee though).

And just to add, regardless of Custom or Universal, neither build nor sound quality is compromised.  For some people who have issues with Custom fit or not ready to make a commitment, universal is definitely a fantastic option!

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #219 of 449
Why is the 8.2's review under Headphones rather than IEMs?

Valid point! Just reported your post to the mods => maybe they can move the H8.2 reviews to ciems instead of (full-size) headphones
rolleyes.gif

Edit: allready fixed by the mods => that went pretty fast
blink.gif

H8.2 has entered the ciem list at #8 now: http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/custom-in-ear-monitors?sort=rating

Sep 5, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #220 of 449
Got my upgraded Harmony 8 Pro to 8.2 today, love it (only smartphone pics, in real world much better looking):

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #222 of 449
Edit: allready fixed by the mods => that went pretty fast
blink.gif
H8.2 has entered the ciem list at #8 now: http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/custom-in-ear-monitors?sort=rating

Nice thank you for that. I'm quite excited to see it so high in ranks.
  Got my upgraded Harmony 8 Pro to 8.2 today, love it (only smartphone pics, in real world much better looking):

Great to hear that! Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back