Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Aug 25, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #196 of 449
Sometimes it is also the terminology. H8.2 or most IEMs and headphones and speakers for that matter will not suffer from problems with treble *extension* because all these will reproduce sounds all the way to the end of the audible frequency range.

If rather, it is a matter of how the treble is *tuned*, then some may prefer a "brighter" treble" thinking that it is equivalent to greater details being reproduced.

But personally I see the point of being careful with what we wish for in the treble frequencies reproduction. I used to own several pairs of Grados and I sold them all except one because, as Piotr mentioned as well, it can get tiring listening to such a treble tuning.

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #197 of 449
  Sometimes it is also the terminology. H8.2 or most IEMs and headphones and speakers for that matter will not suffer from problems with treble *extension* because all these will reproduce sounds all the way to the end of the audible frequency range.

If rather, it is a matter of how the treble is *tuned*, then some may prefer a "brighter" treble" thinking that it is equivalent to greater details being reproduced.

But personally I see the point of being careful with what we wish for in the treble frequencies reproduction. I used to own several pairs of Grados and I sold them all except one because, as Piotr mentioned as well, it can get tiring listening to such a treble tuning.

Yes, this. Treble extension has an effect on the sound, but it is not related to the treble tuning itself or the amount of apparent clarity or 'sparkle'. A ciem can have bright treble and a high amount of detail based on clarity rather than resolution, while lacking extension. On the other hand, ciems with a high extension don't necessarily have a lot of treble quantity or sparkle (5-way ref, Zeus-XIV). 

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #198 of 449
  For me, the H8pro has always been about the world class mids - seductive, lush, detailed, juicy mids that are very, very cohesive as a whole rather than layered and dissected in a sterile lab. The treble never bothered me as it was integrated into the mids. If I could ask for one thing, that would be more bottom end extension. That is what the 8.2 feels like to me - the Pro, with an incredible bottom end extension and even more sound stage plus even smoother treble. However, the cohesion between the parts makes the music pop as a whole, not a sum of the parts - music as it is supposed to sound. Don't get me wrong though, it is extremely detailed and transparent, but it makes you forget about analysis due to too much toe tapping.

I've listened a lot with H8.2 over the past weeks (mainly out of a Cowon P1) and I think delivering 'music as it is supposed to sound' is its strongest point!
Such a natural beauty
rolleyes.gif

Btw, this morning I was pleasantly surprised to read that H8.2 will also be a contender in FFAB2:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10-4-bd4-2-3-a12-2-w500-1-se5u/915#post_12826932

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #199 of 449
In order to get the best out from the Harmony 8.2, I have to purchase this dac+amp...

And yes, the harmony 8.2 sounds really really nice now!! It reveals almost single details from the music, but with that being said, if the track is badly recorded, it can sounds very muddy especially for track that is recorded in live concert and has a lot of bass instruments.

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #200 of 449
  In order to get the best out from the Harmony 8.2, I have to purchase this dac+amp...

And yes, the harmony 8.2 sounds really really nice now!! It reveals almost single details from the music, but with that being said, if the track is badly recorded, it can sounds very muddy especially for track that is recorded in live concert and has a lot of bass instruments.

Great paring! Mojo is fantastic combo with 8.2

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #201 of 449

Is the H8.2 available as universal as well? 

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #203 of 449

Conversely, for well recorded live jazz and vocals, you gonna LOVE IT

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #205 of 449

The 8.2 sounds amazing with Sony ZX2 and a silver cable aswell ( I suspect that it sounds good out of most DAP's :) )

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #207 of 449

Conversely, for well recorded live jazz and vocals, you gonna LOVE IT

+1 Agreed. The master recorded Hotel California, would be a really nice track to listen with it!

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #208 of 449
The 8.2 sounds amazing with Sony ZX2 and a silver cable aswell ( I purity much suspect that t sounds good out of most DAP's
smily_headphones1.gif
)

This is how I pair with at the moment :) =>

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #210 of 449
Some additional impressions about H8.2 silicone version;

It sounds from a slightly warm and natural perspective. It has some grains (in a positive way) on notes that result in a some kind of organic presentation. It has truer tone than H8P and it is less effortless in terms of treble note releasing.  

The lows are neither overpowered nor laid back. It can handle fast metal tracks and there is no mid-bass thump. The midrange is slightly forward and the monitor's tune focuses on the tonality rather than the clarity. The treble is laid-back and non-fatiguing; less colored than H8P. If you are a treble head, H8P would be a better choice,but at a cost of getting more sensitive high frequency presentation. H8.2 doesn't have a superbly wide stage, but the depth provides a good layering. In addition, its coherence is quite satisfying and the presentation is easy to follow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back