Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Aug 23, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #181 of 449
I finally received the “upgraded” H8.2 after Fedex managed to screw up the delivery - adding an extra day to it. But one day is a long time when you have been waiting for 6 weeks. :)

Won’t comment on the sound yet, as I need to spend some more time with them and need to adjust to them first - but it’s looking like a “long term relationship”. :) 
I think the gif that Kerouac posted a few posts back really is the best way to describe them. :)

Isolation and fit is better than my old CustomArt CIEMs - I guess it really paid off getting a new set of impressions done. I can visually clearly see a difference. The canal-part on the new H8.2 are much wider near the 2nd bend than my old H8P giving much better isolation and tighter fit (almost too tight). The old ones broke the seal if I was moving my jaw around too much. New ones never break the seal no matter what I do and try, so really nice!

Anyways - a few quick pictures:

They are fairly standard (on purpose). Carbon plates, clear shells. The reason for the clear shells is so I can show people how complex they really are and I liked the carbon plates I had on my (now sold) Ei.xx. :)

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #182 of 449
It seems that the consensus among the comments and reviews I’ve read of the Harmony 8.2 in German is that it is a little too relaxed in the treble area and also lacking somewhat in treble extension.  Does anybody who owns or has heard the 8.2 agree with this?  I’m a bit surprised as I listened to a demo of the Harmony 8 Pro quite a while ago and it certainly wasn’t lacking in treble for my taste. I'd also be interested if Piotr has any response to this. Thanks.

Aug 24, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #183 of 449
any news on the 8.2 EU demo tour ? 

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #184 of 449

It seems that the consensus among the comments and reviews I’ve read of the Harmony 8.2 in German is that it is a little too relaxed in the treble area and also lacking somewhat in treble extension.  Does anybody who owns or has heard the 8.2 agree with this?  I’m a bit surprised as I listened to a demo of the Harmony 8 Pro quite a while ago and it certainly wasn’t lacking in treble for my taste. I'd also be interested if Piotr has any response to this. Thanks.

The extension is the same as 8Pro - it's virtually the same driver as in 8Pros and there's no acoustical damping that would prevent driver to achieve the same range in high frequencies.
Treble has less quantity compared to 8Pro (because they were too bright for some) but there's definitely more quantity compared to regular 8 (because they were too dark for some). So it's a middle ground between both styles. It's neither bright nor dark.
While high treble energy definitely gives you "wow effect" and immediate clarity but it's not great for long listening sessions as it can become tiresome.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #186 of 449
Hey proedros

At the moment there is quite a few people who's on the list on the Danish tour so the earliest the European tour is coming is October ( depending if more join the tour )

thanx for the info , i can wait no worries

i just needed to know where things are

cheers

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #187 of 449

I would like to refer you to a post one page back

When I put the H8.2 in my ears (although it immediately sounded good) I wasn't wowed from the start. At first I noticed that it didn't deliver the sparkle of the (V-shaped) Solar and it didn't have the air / spaciousness of the AR6. Solar probably has more quantity (even harder slamming) bass in the picture, but I noticed that the bass quality of the H8.2 is better (more clean / tight) defined. Vocals sound very impressive (like mentioned in reviews) with H8.2 and the longer I listened, the more I realised that basically everything sounds quite realistic and natural with it.
For my taste it could use a little more in the treble department, but after some cable matching I found that the Toxic Silver Widow cable delivered that without sacrificing on the lows and vocals.

Imagine you're going to a party and there are lots of girls (or boys, depending on your own interest of course) in the room. At first you notice the ''beautiful model kinda'' ones, all dressed up and looking great. But then you are sitting next to a, what seems to be, ''girl next door'' kinda type at first sight. The longer you talk with her, the more you notice that she says all the right things, that she has a great sense of humor and that she has some kind off inner beauty which seems to come more to the surface, the longer you are around her. Well, to me the H8.2 is that girl :rolleyes:

Long story short, the longer I listen to the H8.2 the more it grows on me and imo it is without a doubt an excellent totl monitor!

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #188 of 449

The extension is the same as 8Pro - it's virtually the same driver as in 8Pros and there's no acoustical damping that would prevent driver to achieve the same range in high frequencies.
Treble has less quantity compared to 8Pro (because they were too bright for some) but there's definitely more quantity compared to regular 8 (because they were too dark for some). So it's a middle ground between both styles. It's neither bright nor dark.
While high treble energy definitely gives you "wow effect" and immediate clarity but it's not great for long listening sessions as it can become tiresome.

Yes this what Piotr said additional my 2 cents. I own(ed) both H8P and H8.2 (now H8P upgraded to H8.2). I prefer treble orientated sound signature this is why I have i.e. a Sennheiser HD 800 and Harmony 8 Pro, but since I heard the Harmony 8.2 I don't miss anything with the treble. I also changed my stock HD 800 to HD 800-F (french mod) which is to me equivalent like treble change for H8P to H8.2 - it only cuts the sharp edges from the treble, but you don't really loose anything important. To me Harmony 8.2 is a real harmony sound signature now, and I owned the H8P over a year already I'm really in love with them, but the H8.2 is to me ears a real upgrade.

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #189 of 449
For anybody who's interested in another (imo well written and pretty detailed) H8.2 review: http://theheadphonelist.com/the-custom-art-harmony-8-2/
Not to be found on HF (yet) => enjoy reading!

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #191 of 449

Which German reviews did you read? I've never read a review of the 8.2 saying something like this and neither found the 8.2 demo I heard to have a limited treble extension.
The opposite was true for me: I experienced a well extended treble with two peaks at about 8 kHz and even 15 kHz.

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #192 of 449
  For anybody who's interested in another (imo well written and pretty detailed) H8.2 review: http://theheadphonelist.com/the-custom-art-harmony-8-2/
Not to be found on HF (yet) => enjoy reading!

Hey hasn't he posted it here on head-fi? Excellent review from Nic as usual. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #193 of 449

For me, the H8pro has always been about the world class mids - seductive, lush, detailed, juicy mids that are very, very cohesive as a whole rather than layered and dissected in a sterile lab. The treble never bothered me as it was integrated into the mids. If I could ask for one thing, that would be more bottom end extension. That is what the 8.2 feels like to me - the Pro, with an incredible bottom end extension and even more sound stage plus even smoother treble. However, the cohesion between the parts makes the music pop as a whole, not a sum of the parts - music as it is supposed to sound. Don't get me wrong though, it is extremely detailed and transparent, but it makes you forget about analysis due to too much toe tapping.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #195 of 449

For me, the H8pro has always been about the world class mids - seductive, lush, detailed, juicy mids that are very, very cohesive as a whole rather than layered and dissected in a sterile lab. The treble never bothered me as it was integrated into the mids. If I could ask for one thing, that would be more bottom end extension. That is what the 8.2 feels like to me - the Pro, with an incredible bottom end extension and even more sound stage plus even smoother treble. However, the cohesion between the parts makes the music pop as a whole, not a sum of the parts - music as it is supposed to sound. Don't get me wrong though, it is extremely detailed and transparent, but it makes you forget about analysis due to too much toe tapping.

Thank you @barra. This is exactly the kind of stuff I tried to convey in my review, but not successfully apparently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back