Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Jul 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #79 of 449
Pre-ordered the harmony 8.2 but still haven't decided if it's silicone or acrylic. I have the music one and I do like silicone, but then I've never tried acrylic.

Any thoughts?

I have my H8P in silicone and my custom project from Piotr in acrylic, I posted here the difference: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-impressions-thread/3180#post_12449862

TL;DR

I find both options good comfort wise no difference on long term use.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #81 of 449

What a such beautiful creation from Piotr...

Thank you so much Piotr!!!

Since the Wizard name is already taken
wink.gif
, we need to come up with something new and original for Piotr
biggrin.gif

Indeed, another fantastic design!!!

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #83 of 449

Since the Wizard name is already taken
wink.gif
, we need to come up with something new and original for Piotr
biggrin.gif

Indeed, another fantastic design!!!

Well I like to give credit where it's due - the most of the work has been completed by our lab technician Lena :wink: I only put a final touch to it :wink:

I also think I'm a bit too modest for such nicknames but thank you!

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #84 of 449
Se did also a very good job on my custom CIEMs with Japanese letters on the face plates :)

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #85 of 449
I'll try to chime in (copied from my post in FB group)

Just want to share my initial impression about CustomArt Harmony 8.2

Piotr (CA owner and founder) really do something great about the Harmony line-up updates. Compared with the "old" Harmony 8, this definitely more resolving, more detailed, more focused imaging.

CA Harmony line-up always knowned for their amazing bass detail and pace, but I always think that maybe it will be better if they could add more body and more lingering decay to make the bass more naturally and fluid sounding.

And this time, Piotr manages to fulfill my wishes and obviously the 8.2 is one step above the "old" Harmony 8. It quickly becomes as a "bass reference" in my book. I would describe the 8.2 is the most "organic" and natural bass I've heard from IEM.
Full bodied bass, great visceral impact but never exaggerated, deep and good extention with nice rumble and well timed decay. Still retaining the wonderful PRaT from previous Harmony, but this time with better bass layering, and goshh..at the first listen, I can feel the extra "dimension" from 8.2's bass layering, I call it 3D bass..LOL... Their bass also have rich of textures and micro detail. The conclusion is the bass section, for sure, is the "star of the show"

Mid/vocal is well rendered and well positioned on center with some nice body and warmth, give some another "booster" for 8.2 to becoming more natural sounding IEM. Not too laidback, nor too forward either, so you can still capture the vocal's detail with ease. The upper mid is very controlled, never sounded peaky or sibilance. But if i were to nitpick, the treble section to my ears, its too relax, a little bit lack of body and extention. Maybe 8.2 is supposed to be a fun and relax IEM or maybe Piotr wants to keep the treble section to become unoffensive so his customer can focussing and enjoy the bass section (and the mid section, to lesser extent)

Overall Harmony 8.2 is a warm, fun, relax, organic, natural with excellent technicalities (especially on the bass section)

Well done CustomArt and Piotr, you've succeed to score a new bass benchmark (to my ears, YMMV)

Lastly, another "nude" photoshoot session :

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #88 of 449
  Well they didn't change that much but I hope you'll like this design better :wink:

And here they are. Love the looks

I'm really loving the sound too. Same great sound stage and separation, great treble but this time with bigger bodied bass and lower mids
This sounds good. Definitely an upgrade!

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #90 of 449
I'll try to chime in (copied from my post in FB group)

Just want to share my initial impression about CustomArt Harmony 8.2

Piotr (CA owner and founder) really do something great about the Harmony line-up updates. Compared with the "old" Harmony 8, this definitely more resolving, more detailed, more focused imaging.

CA Harmony line-up always knowned for their amazing bass detail and pace, but I always think that maybe it will be better if they could add more body and more lingering decay to make the bass more naturally and fluid sounding.

And this time, Piotr manages to fulfill my wishes and obviously the 8.2 is one step above the "old" Harmony 8. It quickly becomes as a "bass reference" in my book. I would describe the 8.2 is the most "organic" and natural bass I've heard from IEM.
Full bodied bass, great visceral impact but never exaggerated, deep and good extention with nice rumble and well timed decay. Still retaining the wonderful PRaT from previous Harmony, but this time with better bass layering, and goshh..at the first listen, I can feel the extra "dimension" from 8.2's bass layering, I call it 3D bass..LOL... Their bass also have rich of textures and micro detail. The conclusion is the bass section, for sure, is the "star of the show"

Mid/vocal is well rendered and well positioned on center with some nice body and warmth, give some another "booster" for 8.2 to becoming more natural sounding IEM. Not too laidback, nor too forward either, so you can still capture the vocal's detail with ease. The upper mid is very controlled, never sounded peaky or sibilance. But if i were to nitpick, the treble section to my ears, its too relax, a little bit lack of body and extention. Maybe 8.2 is supposed to be a fun and relax IEM or maybe Piotr wants to keep the treble section to become unoffensive so his customer can focussing and enjoy the bass section (and the mid section, to lesser extent)

Overall Harmony 8.2 is a warm, fun, relax, organic, natural with excellent technicalities (especially on the bass section)

Well done CustomArt and Piotr, you've succeed to score a new bass benchmark (to my ears, YMMV)

Lastly, another "nude" photoshoot session :

That's it, I'm going to gun for the 8.2s as soon as I save up enough. Get my Music One refitted as well probably. 

Head-Fi really does deplete one's wallet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back