Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Nov 23, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #46 of 551
Hey mate, I have little issue getting a seal on the uni. It has a medium depth fit but the housings are smooth and fairly compact so they slot nicely into my ears.

They have a non-recessed 0.78mm 2-pin connector that fits my aftermarket cables just fine.

Customs are more fit dependent, mine fit a little too tight which gave me some pressure and the impression of a more congested sound. This was not a problem on the uni which sounded open and impressively spacious to me, especially impressive given that we now can say for sure that this is a single driver design. With a properly fit custom, I would assume the sound would be the same with the added benefit of a perfect seal every time and greater isolation.

I am thinking of going Uni since the hassle of getting impressions and shipping US to Poland. I amazed if this could out do my BGVP DM6 with 6 BA's a side at over 2X the price with 1BA. I have never heard anything from this company but have heard full the line Campfire Audio, 64 Audio and Empire Ears.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #47 of 551
Thanks for your impressions! How would these compare to the Empire Ears Phatom?

The Phantom is a clear step-up in performance. Its resolution is significantly higher, especially as you move away from the centre-image. Imaging precision, definition and focus remains consistent even as you move towards the perimeter of the stage, which the Black isn’t as good at. Its stage is also more stable with superior extension on both ends. Tone is somewhat similar, but the Phantom sounds more vibrant because of a livelier lower-treble. The Black does have a 10kHz peak - while the Phantom remains linear past 8kHz - which gives its transients a bit more of a tizzy bite. The Phantom has a warmer bass tone with moderately more sub-bass quantity.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #48 of 551
Hey guys,

Long time I've been around here!

As a coincidence I decided yesterday to start looking for some (C)IEMs and found the CA website.
Do I understand correctly that we either send a mold of my ear shape or chose the universal, which is "one shape, fits all"?

Nov 24, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #54 of 551
My new years resolution for 2019---join Audiophiles Anonymous---
need a 12 step program to "cure " me of this disease---:wink:

So true, I feel like an addict and this year it got worse... LCD i4, VE8, Phantom, DX200Ti, WM1Z, Solaris, Final E5000, Piano Forte VIII, ZX300, DX120, Make 2, Oriolus BA300S, ALO CV5, now FIBAE Black... my head is spinning and it's totally unreasonable (I don't even want to make the sum of it all :scream:), even if I have sold a good part of it and will sell a few more.

New year resolution is trying to slow down the rabbit hole descent :confounded:
Let's say I'll stick with one IEM for 2019...(I know, don't laugh! It could be SE6 so one is crazy enough :p)

The trick with this hobby is overdose won't kill you and it's even good for morale and health (not financial health though eh eh...). The chase for the endgame must stop... there is no endgame, ever.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #55 of 551
I kiddingly tell people it would be cheaper for me to pay for therapy instead of suffering from "upgraditis"--
I have bought and sold so many items the past two years----it really is crazy. I am "trying" to be happy with what I have--truly ENJOY the headphone/iem--instead of thinking..." hmmm...maybe if I sell this and get X--it will be better..." Ungh----
Nice to have high end incredible equipment but at some point need to be happy and content
not always super critical and wanting something " better".
I am seeking therapy----LOL

It does not help when these incredible products are being produced--especially at this price---I could not resist--no way of stopping me. The only solution is to not log onto head-fi and other Audio sites and publications and bury my head in the sand----:wink::L3000::gs1000smile::):ksc75smile::o2smile:that is not gonna happen-

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #56 of 551
I kiddingly tell people it would be cheaper for me to pay for therapy instead of suffering from "upgraditis"

Yeah well, let's face it, it's much more fun than therapy :p

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #57 of 551
Nov 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #58 of 551
It's much lower authority - if you are looking for that kind of bass - look into FIBAE ME - I'm sure @PinkyPowers could help you out with more detailed comparison as he has all three (LX, FIBAE MEs and Blacks)

In terms of authority and impact, I would give the win to Legend X. But the ME is not far off, and very enjoyable. And WAY cheaper!

Black is more balanced, though still possesses quite a healthy wallop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back