1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. buonassi
    Well, the volume of air between the nozzle exit and my drums isn't exact. I'm not suggesting this is the IEMs fault, but I can hear different resonant peaks between 6k and 7.5k. As I use a controllable sine sweep I can hear the resonant peak first in the left, then right, then left again, then right a last time. They're very close together, but not spot on. But to be honest , they're not very big peaks at all, perhaps 3db at most according to my attempt at EQing for equal loudness. Honestly, I was afraid that the peaks would be pretty extreme, but as Piotr told me in email, nothing troubling would happen. I'm happy! The fit is just right and didn't take long to adjust to at all.

I might also add that they respond to EQ just fine. That was another concern of mine, that the single driver wouldn't be able to hang with EQ change. But, keep in mind I'm only correcting 3 db here and there with pretty sharp Q values.

oh man, you're a better designer than I am. yours look outstanding!

crabdog likes this.
  2. buonassi
    "It has a sound that focuses on the middle bass and to a lesser extent the upper bass and upper midrange. The end result is a sound that’s warm and soothing with a little bite added for interest and contrast. Kinda like salted caramel if you know what I mean. And if you don’t, be warned; you only need one spoon to enjoy it but it’s very hard to stop after just 1 spoonful."
    -"crabbos" from Prime Audio Reviews (click here)

@crabdog Not only is your description spot on, but the analogy makes total sense! Well done.

crabdog likes this.
  3. piotrus-g
    I liked that part a lot :)

buonassi likes this.
  4. davidcotton
    Been using my blacks at work today. No way I can go back to universal now. Isolation is immence. Had a dilemma (for once). Go home after finishing time, or let the song finish and then go home!

5. buonassi
    I'm a convert to customs now. Can anyone speak to how long customs fit properly (on average) before their ears change? For example, what if I lose/gain weight, etc?

6. piotrus-g
    3-4years easily. Weight change will impact the fit

buonassi likes this.
  7. subguy812
    There you have it....a reason to continue eating and enjoying your life...gain weight gradually over the next 3-4 years

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    buonassi likes this.
  8. piotrus-g
    good strategy it should offset the expansion of the ear canal with age :D

9. subguy812
    Time to start loading up on schabowy and pierogi with a dose of zurek.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  10. Matthew420
    Oh, no. My ear canals are going to get BIGGER? People will be able to see brain.

buonassi likes this.
  11. davidcotton
    Might explain some of the issues I've had. I've been anything from 7 stone (!) to 13 (!!) I'm currently mr average around 11 and quite happy being there :)

That said these blacks are the best fitting custom I've had. Next time I order it's going to be using the 3-d fit and not having them altered.

12. buonassi
    LOL - I laughed so hard, the intense facial contortions caused my blacks to break seal (and that's not easy to do).

13. buonassi
    Did you use a bite block? I wonder if some people are better candidates for a relaxed jaw impression. I know my right ear canal flexes much more than my left with the opening and closing of my jaw. Doesn't seem to matter with the blacks though, they maintain seal. The "problem" for me is I think the sound bore becomes partially obstructed in the right if I bite down - at least that's what it sounds like - or some other part of my canal near the drum flexes to obstruct the sound - who knows.

But, why would I be biting down like that anyway? Not like I can't teak a break from music when I eat.

14. davidcotton
    Yep bite block as per the video that 64audio made. Fit is very good (kicking myself that I had the left tightened now if I'm honest!). Have tried relaxed jaw impressions in the past and had similar issues there as well so don't think that was the cause of the issues I've been having. Think it was down to how the impressions were done at the previous audiologist. What was curious was that the first time I went to the new audiologist I still had fit issues. It was only after showing them the 64audio video (where it covers the ear for the cable socket)that I had some success. There was also the comment "that was a lot more material I used for these impressions than I would normally use" which I thought interesting. I've been toying all week with the idea of sending in my universal fibae 2 for a reshell and keeping them as per original impressions without alteration just for comparison sake. Want a backup ciem anyway as I do not want to be stuck at work without isolation due to the noise factor there.

buonassi likes this.
  15. annasoh323
    Or you could get the FIBAE 7...:hand_splayed::v:

Edit: Evidently, I have two right hands...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    buonassi, piotrus-g and Deezel177 like this.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35
Next

Last