1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. Wyville
    Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I really wanted to use the double flange tips because I feel those get closest to the custom version and I expect most people will be interested in those.

kubig123 likes this.
  2. maira
    Are these as vocal forward as the Fiio FH5 ?

3. Dobrescu George
    I wouldn't say that, Fibae Black is rather laid-back, voices feel natural, not overly forward :)

maira likes this.
  4. shirt
    what kind of turnaround [weeks] have people experienced recently? i think i paid just over a month ago but have a flying visit home for 2-3 weeks and it would be nice to have them with me when i come back to africa.

5. piotrus-g
    Our turnaround for normal orders (i.e. not refits, RMAs) have been between 8 and 10 weeks lately - we are trying our best to catch up. In May we expect to cut down to around 6 weeks.

6. maira
    For the Black universal fit also?

7. davidcotton
    Would imagine so. Each universal is hand built and not in stock off the shelf.

8. piotrus-g
    Yup

9. annasoh323
    Have most of the Black orders from the pre-order period filtered through yet? Do you expect the models mostly ordered on pre-order will settle into a "normal" number of orders. That piques my curiosity to ask which of your models are the most popular and which you expect to have the most staying power in your lineup (if you're willing to share).

10. piotrus-g
    Yes, all pre-order blacks shipped as far as I can tell.

FIBAE Black are really popular still and so are FIBAE 4 currently as this one is the newest addition to our line up

Dobrescu George and annasoh323 like this.
  11. buonassi
    They must have had a surge in orders the middle of March. When I received confirmation that payment and impressions were good to go (March 12th), stated turnaround was 5-6 weeks. But that was an auto generated email. I've since contacted CA, and they've confirmed mine are still 2-3 weeks out. If that holds, an 8 week turnaround would be realized. I expected 2 months anyway, so I'm not disappointed. Such is the price one pays for ordering so soon after product release date!

In the meantime, I've been buying/selling other gear to keep me occupied.

annasoh323 likes this.
  12. annasoh323
    Maybe because they were still working on mine :beyersmile:. I will admit to feeling like the guy in the restaurant that can't help but salivating as he sees other folks get their food. He knows he ordered his steak done a certain way but boy does that other dish look good too. Did you add anything special to your order on the faceplates?

On an unrelated note, per shipping tracking, the package got from Warsaw to Germany in a matter of hours. From Germany to New Jersey the next day and in Kentucky at lunchtime today. Just a half a continent and half an ocean to go!

buonassi and davidcotton like this.
  13. davidcotton
    Nice. You went with a special design then I take it? Must admit that I only ordered the blacks because of the introduction of 3-d printing. After trying it out I'm sticking with that from now on. Some of CA's designs are stunning, but for me it's about the fit and sound first. Just pray you don't need a refit after all that waiting. Must have the patience of a saint.

14. annasoh323
    I put something family-related on one ear and something church-related on the other. Certainly a bit more than just plaintext or a standard CA logo. I will admit to emailing them twice, each time after the previous estimate was elapsing. My personality is such that I don't like "stirring the pot" by interjecting but also not having a day go by where I didn't think about it (head-fi wasn't helping much, sure). I'll see how the fit is - if there are issues, my first suspect is the audiologist who, while he has done musical impressions before, maybe didn't quite specialize enough. My biggest hope is that they will start offering at least one or two more colors for 3D printing by the time I'm tempted to order again, even something simple so I can differentiate at a glance.

Your refit should be making progress, eh @davidcotton?

davidcotton likes this.
  15. davidcotton
    3 weeks for a rebuilt shell. Decided to do the rebuild as I'd regret it not being right after all this. Couple of weeks won't hurt (!)

annasoh323 likes this.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last