1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement

First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. Mayth
    @piotrus-g Any update on the Blacks production ? :D

2. davidmolliere
    That’s probably on a case by case basis, eagerly waiting for mine, should be soon :)

annasoh323 likes this.
  3. piotrus-g
    We are working on the first batch of orders, some already shipped. Sorry if it takes longer than expected, we had some hiccups with material supply

4. megabigeye
    I think I saw somebody mention a loaner somewhere... Is there a Black tour, or something? Or another way we can audition?

5. dennistdk
    All good comes to those who wait... (however, mine just shipped - looking forward to it!) :)

You should make a CIEM subscription service for us addicts... :ksc75smile:

6. Apputty
    @piotrus-g have to say that am enjoying blacks.
    I do feel the same way as some reviewers have put it.

It has a black background. Really wondering what is the magic behind this.
    It's not a detail monster, but all the details are there. They don't pop up at you, but I have noticed some details which I haven't noticed on other iems.
    Such subbass from single BA iem!!!
    Non fatiguing.
    It's not a wide open sound stage, but you won't feel congested. It does really well with complex tracks which has multiple instruments.

This is really one of a kind iem.
    I really don't know how to explain it, I really like the sound signature.

7. subguy812
    As one of the original reviewers I was struck by the same feeling. The Black is Custom Arts most progressive technology yet. It is a solid all arounder.

davidmolliere and buonassi like this.
  8. piotrus-g
    That would be fun, right?!

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

annasoh323 and Deezel177 like this.
  9. Pan Varox
    I've listened to Blacks demo not so long ago and for me they are magical. I am happy owner of Harmony 8.2 and for me Blacks are amazing IEM's not only at their price, but overall.

Their natural timbre is just something different. Sound is beautifully balanced across whole frequency spectrum. Bass quantity is truly surprising for a single BA, however I don't think these are adequate for bass-heads. Every instrument has its own place and neat acoustic space, which makes music vibrant and almost tangible. It was mentioned, that they are addictive and I can confirm that, as I've had hard time walking out of Piotr's lab :ksc75smile: I've listened mainly metal and jazz recordings and Black did a wonderful job in engaging me in music.

The only thing I miss compared to Harmony 8.2 is some extra "bite" in higher midrange, but I guess that would make Blacks more fatiguing. This way they are perfect for everyday relaxing sessions.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  10. ustinj
    Agreed with the recent posts here. Every time I listen to the Black's I appreciate how good they are even more.

I did some seriously heavy listening with the Black last week and took a couple days break from them. Just put them on today again walking outside and man the vocals are just so serene.. beautifully textured. I'd even say I was taken aback -- I don't remember them sounding this good, Lol

The sound so natural and full, it's really an IEM that doesn't really sacrifice anything completely in the FR. Incredibly tuned by Custom Art!

11. jago
    They amaze me every time I listen to them. Put some new tips on today and let a mate have a listen to some DSD files. Had to pry them back off him!
    Seriously though, very engaging and fun listen across the entire fr.
    Best audio purchase I've done in years.

12. davidcotton
    Finally going to the audiologist on friday to get the impressions done. Fingers crossed this time. Want to like universals but my ears don't. Having looked at past impressions I've had taken it seems the issue is that on my right ear there's a small opening which very quickly turns into a larger canal as it were. This means that small tips are small enough to go in but don't seal, but medium and up are too big to seal properly :frowning2:

13. annasoh323
    Good luck!

Thanks to everyone posting pictures/thoughts/impressions. A few days ago, I checked the date on my "you've entered the production queue" confirmation email and it said "received five days ago." <insert sadness> In my defense, this week and last have been pretty busy so it felt like a lot longer time. I have learned my lesson: don't look at that email. I even held off on checking this thread for a while. Maybe just once a week...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    davidcotton likes this.
  14. Mayth
    Jz

5 days only ? My mail was from January 2nd haha

annasoh323 likes this.
  15. annasoh323
    Yeah, I ordered late in the pre-order and then it took me a while to figure out the whole audiologist thing. I looked at a few and then just took the plunge on one of them (as described in my other post). Then it took a while to ship them over to Poland which I'm glad happened successfully. So now, I'm listening to my sub$100 earphones as much as I can so that I know them well enough to hear the differences when the Blacks do arrive x number of weeks from now.

davidcotton likes this.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last