Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Dec 31, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #391 of 749
Can you get universal fit fibae 7 but with your own custom drawn faceplates. If so what is the specification for the images you provide them?

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #392 of 749
Can you get universal fit fibae 7 but with your own custom drawn faceplates. If so what is the specification for the images you provide them?
I think @piotrus-g can answer your question.

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #393 of 749

Yeah, you can. I was personally advised to provide an image larger than 1000x1000 pixels for the most hi-res print/engraving possible.

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #394 of 749
How would you generally compare the Andromeda with the FIBAE 7, if you have had a chance of making such a comparison?

Upper mids on andro are pretty scooped out IMO. It's an exciting sound for someone coming from consumer oriented signatures. Hard to dislike tuning as crin states. Treble in top octave is so hot that instruments sound artificial. Too airy and not enough meat on the bones of the notes.

F7 is infinitely more natural sounding with its upper-mid pinna/concha gain and well tempered, yet still present top octave. What David M called 'refined treble'.

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #395 of 749
Upper mids on andro are pretty scooped out IMO. It's an exciting sound for someone coming from consumer oriented signatures. Hard to dislike tuning as crin states. Treble in top octave is so hot that instruments sound artificial. Too airy and not enough meat on the bones of the notes.

F7 is infinitely more natural sounding with its upper-mid pinna/concha gain and well tempered, yet still present top octave. What David M called 'refined treble'.
I like how the FIBAE 7 has such a high level of musicality. The midrange is sensational.

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #396 of 749

I like how the FIBAE 7 has such a high level of musicality. The midrange is sensational.
I guess that effectively narrows my choice down to one :ksc75smile:

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #397 of 749

+100

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #399 of 749
Jan 2, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #401 of 749
Jan 2, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #402 of 749
Hey folks! ‘Hope everyone’s had a wonderful new year’s, and are still enjoying your FIBAE 7’s. :) If I may, I wanted to recommend a cable pairing with the IEM that I found wonderful: PW Audio’s brand-new No. 10.

It’s an entry-level cable that’s meant to be a successor of sorts to the No. 5 (with the exact same price), comprised of this silvery metal that PW has decided to keep classified; interesting. :wink: Anyways, I found its dynamic-yet-weighty signature a perfect match for the FIBAE 7, adding a sense of liveliness (to the low-end, especially) whilst maintaining much of the in-ear’s wholesome timbre. The cable gives the bass a substantial amount of power, physicality and hugeness; a welcome dose of personality to an otherwise matter-of-fact low-end. But, at the same time, superior top-end extension gives that bass more space to operate as well, so it doesn't take away from the mids or highs. If you found the FIBAE 7’s 3kHz peak a tad strong, the cable tones it down just a hair too. What you lose in romanticism (which isn’t much, really), you gain in versatility. And, despite the cable’s slightly contrast-y, explosive signature, it doesn’t scoop out or compromise the low-mids either, which maintain great texture and integrity on the FIBAE 7.

All in all, I think it’s a brilliant, value-oriented pair with the FIBAE 7, and I hope you’ll all agree. Look out for the full review within the next couple days, and, once again, happy 2020! :D

PW-N10-F7 (S).jpg

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #403 of 749
Hey folks! ‘Hope everyone’s had a wonderful new year’s, and are still enjoying your FIBAE 7’s. :) If I may, I wanted to recommend a cable pairing with the IEM that I found wonderful: PW Audio’s brand-new No. 10.

It’s an entry-level cable that’s meant to be a successor of sorts to the No. 5 (with the exact same price), comprised of this silvery metal that PW has decided to keep classified; interesting. :wink: Anyways, I found its dynamic-yet-weighty signature a perfect match for the FIBAE 7, adding a sense of liveliness (to the low-end, especially) whilst maintaining much of the in-ear’s wholesome timbre. The cable gives the bass a substantial amount of power, physicality and hugeness; a welcome dose of personality to an otherwise matter-of-fact low-end. But, at the same time, superior top-end extension gives that bass more space to operate as well, so it doesn't take away from the mids or highs. If you found the FIBAE 7’s 3kHz peak a tad strong, the cable tones it down just a hair too. What you lose in romanticism (which isn’t much, really), you gain in versatility. And, despite the cable’s slightly contrast-y, explosive signature, it doesn’t scoop out or compromise the low-mids either, which maintain great texture and integrity on the FIBAE 7.

All in all, I think it’s a brilliant, value-oriented pair with the FIBAE 7, and I hope you’ll all agree. Look out for the full review within the next couple days, and, once again, happy 2020! :D

Good new stuff, from PW! I will be buying that cable. Is it available for purchase yet? if so where? Thanks

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #404 of 749
I have seen that, any idea when n°10 will be available?

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #405 of 749
Good new stuff, from PW! I will be buying that cable. Is it available for purchase yet? if so where? Thanks

I have seen that, any idea when n°10 will be available?

Its official launch date is on the 1st of January; yesterday. It’s on sale on a couple of PW’s dealers, but it’s not on Music Sanctuary’s site for some reason. I’ll ask them and let you know. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back