Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
May 31, 2019 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 744

piotrus-g

Member of the Trade: Custom Art, PMG Audio
Untitled-1.jpg

Custom Art is proud to announce FIBAE 7

Last month Custom Art celebrated its seventh anniversary. We decided that it is perfect opportunity to release a new model showcasing and embodying what we've learned about designing IEMs so far.

Enter FIBAE 7

We think of FIBAE 7 as the most natural sounding IEM we have ever designed.

The first thing that comes to mind when listening to FIBAE 7 is balance combined with musicality.
For low frequencies we incorporated a dual-woofer found in our 6-driver model which thanks to AcuPass® technology delivers truly sub-low frequency. Bass is bold and full-bodied but never bloated. The quantity is leveled. The focus is kept on sub-lows but with only enough warmth added to upper bass so that vocals sound natural and lush. The Mid-Low frequencies are handled by a single driver of the type found in many of our IEMs. It builds a foundation for vocals and ensures Custom Art’s signature house-sound. The upper mid-range has a dedicated dual-driver for added brightness and details, bringing vocals forward. Finally two of our Top Firing Drivers are divided between High and Super High frequencies - the configuration found in FIBAE 4 but with further improvements and refinements. The highs are never brittle or harsh and retain perfect smoothness without sacrificing the extension. The 5-way design ensures speed, precision and top-notch detail retrieval.

FIBAE 7, thanks to its fast transient response, achieves great dynamics. It allows F7 to be soft and polite in acoustic or ambient music only to become big, bold and raging in heavy genres the next second. It perfectly conveys emotions of a track without missing a beat.

For the time being FIBAE 7 becomes our co-flagship model right next to well renowned Harmony 8.2

There are a lot of similarities between those two, as they follow similar approach to the sound signature. However there are also differences that ultimately set FIBAE 7 as technically superior to its elder brother.

FIBAE 7 will be available in acrylic shell only, both as custom and universal fit. Stock with Null Audio’s Arete OCC Copper upgrade cable for great sonic and mechanical performance.

Custom Art will offer 10pcs of universal fit FIBAE 7 in unique Anniversary Transparent Blue color, available as an of-the-shelf item - so that you can be the first one to get them without the wait.

MSRP: €1100
www.thecustomart.com/fibae-7/

Frequency response graph of FIBAE 7 with bi-flange tips:
F7.png

May 31, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 744
Congratulations on 7 years and the release of the F7, @piotrus-g! This is the big moment a lot of us have been waiting for. Any word on when reviewers might be getting their hands on this?

I'm glad I'm in an odd time zone so I can watch all of this unfold! Congratulations again!

May 31, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 744
Here we go. Does anyone observe any differences in SQ between custom and universal? Imm on the verge of pulling the trigger now.

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 744
Yesss, Great Custom Art!

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 744
Oeh, that looks lovely and will sound fantastic I'm sure.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #11 of 744
Having listened to both Fibae 4 and Harmony 8.2, Fibae 7 seems like a natural step forward, especially using those Super High tweeters.
I love what you are doing! :)

Jun 1, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #14 of 744
... and still has amazing quality :smile_phones:
Yeah CustomArt has some of the best value on the IEM market imo, ordered some custom tips which I'm super hyped for.

I've only had a chance to briefly hear the FIBAE 4 and it was absolutely lovely

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #15 of 744
Yeah CustomArt has some of the best value on the IEM market imo, ordered some custom tips which I'm super hyped for.

I've only had a chance to briefly hear the FIBAE 4 and it was absolutely lovely

I'm glad that company from my country managed to acheive success while still being fair with customers and don't overprice their products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back