Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Sep 14, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #496 of 749
Not every silver has a typical silver sound, the Blanche is really not flat :)
But I like copper as well the stock cable is quite good indeed, Tiburon 8 wires for soundstage is great.

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #498 of 749
I like the PW No. 10 and it won't break the bank

Yes and build and ergonomics are great, so is Blanche btw (I know I repeat myself but it's not the typical silver, it has great low end, layering and body and you get a bit more expanded soundstage, imaging a bit more precise and a tad more air and sparkle over PW10)

Sep 15, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #500 of 749
I think there's also Satin Audio who has reasonable prices. But I had no experience with their cables
Are they the company out of Viet Nam? Also, your Arete doesn't break the bank, and I think it pairs exceptionally well with the F7

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #503 of 749
Hello all.

First post on headfi so be gentle :)
I am seriously contemplating these as my first ever expensive and custom IEM.
Till now I have never owned anything that cost more than 200bucks.

My question is, as a bass head is this going to make me happy? I cannot afford a legend X. Which according to to my research is one of the best if money was not issue. However it is.

I have read in a lot of places that CA is a very reasonable bang for buck item. I have no doubt about the quality either, having read every single post of this thread as well as any other online reviews that I could find.

Just about to pull the trigger. The bass thing remains my only open question.

I have nothing close to absolute hearing. just like music and the better it sounds the happier I am. Would be driving it with some portable DAC/headphone Amp combo. Maybe the ifi idsd or similar (happy for suggestions in the 500usd range).

Would I be better off with something from Future Sonics. Like MG6HX?

Thank you for all you helpful input.

Oct 26, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #504 of 749
Hello all.

My question is, as a bass head is this going to make me happy? I cannot afford a legend X. Which according to to my research is one of the best if money was not issue. However it is.

I have read in a lot of places that CA is a very reasonable bang for buck item. I have no doubt about the quality either, having read every single post of this thread as well as any other online reviews that I could find.

I have nothing close to absolute hearing. just like music and the better it sounds the happier I am. Would be driving it with some portable DAC/headphone Amp combo. Maybe the ifi idsd or similar (happy for suggestions in the 500usd range).

1) Bass response is very much a function of a good seal, and if you buy a good CIEM that issue is taken care of. Just make sure to get good imprints.
2) iFi micro BL is an excellent choice (I have one) and especially the latest one, which has been substantially improved.
Enjoy your music!

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #505 of 749
1) Bass response is very much a function of a good seal, and if you buy a good CIEM that issue is taken care of. Just make sure to get good imprints.
2) iFi micro BL is an excellent choice (I have one) and especially the latest one, which has been substantially improved.
Enjoy your music!

Thank you dear. I am actually considering the one that was just announced. ifi micro signature one. Said to go on sale this week.

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #506 of 749
Thank you dear. I am actually considering the one that was just announced. ifi micro signature one. Said to go on sale this week.
That’s exactly the one I was referring to!

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #507 of 749
Hello all.

If you are looking for Legend X alternative FIBAE 6 would be my suggestion. FIBAE 7 is much more flat/reference tuning.

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #508 of 749
Thanks Peter. Will I be making much sacrifice with going the FIBEA 6 route?

Also is it always 5 weeks to make. Anyway to expedite. I know good things come to those that wait. I am just too excited to listen to these. :)

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #509 of 749
Thanks Peter. Will I be making much sacrifice with going the FIBEA 6 route?

Also is it always 5 weeks to make. Anyway to expedite. I know good things come to those that wait. I am just too excited to listen to these. :)
If you don't mind second hand and universal then there was a fibae 6 going in the fs boards. Was tempted but a)just can't get on with universals and b)shouldn't be spending that sort of money right now anyway.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-custom-art-fibae-6-universal-eu.944443/

Oct 26, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #510 of 749
Hello all.

If you are looking for quality bass I would recommend the F6 vs. the F7

edit: Didn't finish reading the thread, Piotr beat me to the punch

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back