Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Mar 19, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #166 of 338
The YouTube video made it really clear, I don't know why I didn't think to look there -- thanks!
I'll keep the Audiclean in mind when they arrive, I don't have much trouble with wax but it's good to know!

That's really rough man - random interruptions absolutely slaughter productivity, it's so hard to regain concentration...
My workplace has an unspoken "headphone rule", where they're basically a "do not disturb" sign and usually you'll get an email instead unless it's urgent (or it's one of the few jerks that don't respect the rule).
I've been moved from the quiet area which had no work left to do, to the main area where we are still busy. 25 machines going all day in a large area with hard reflective surfaces so everything echoes. Why I got interested in ciems in the first place for the isolation :)

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #167 of 338
After few more days I can take them out within 2 seconds now.
Got used to them. :)

Mar 24, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #168 of 338
Our full review for the FIBAE 4 is out. Well worth a demo if you like big bass :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/03/custom-art-fibae-4-review/

DSCF0557-1.jpg

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #169 of 338
Our full review for the FIBAE 4 is out. Well worth a demo if you like big bass :)

Thanks for the review, this is a nice teaser now that I am a couple of weeks away from getting mine :D
Looks like the FIBAE 4 is going to be a lot of fun!

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #170 of 338
Thanks for the review, this is a nice teaser now that I am a couple of weeks away from getting mine :D
Looks like the FIBAE 4 is going to be a lot of fun!

Heck yes, wears its heart on its sleeve :)

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #172 of 338
Apr 15, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #173 of 338
Hey folks, I just published my CanJam SG 2019 coverage article on TheHeadphoneList.com. As I get to do every year, I had the pleasure of reuniting with the wonderful @piotrus-g. And, I got to listen to his latest creation: The FIBAE 4. Here's an excerpt from the article:

Custom Art

Custom Art have made their way to Singapore with two buzz-worthy in-ear monitors: The ultra-innovative FIBAE Black and the brand-new FIBAE 4. Also present was Custom Art’s CEO, Piotr Granicki, who you can never fault for his passion or enthusiasm. As always, it was a pleasure catching up with the man, and here’s what I thought of his latest release.

CJSG-LE-CA-4-copy.jpg

Custom Art FIBAE 4: Custom Art’s FIBAE 4 is driven by low-end weight, not dissimilar from the FIBAE ME I auditioned last year. The bass has a thump-y quality that comes across pleasing and exciting; especially with synthetic kick drums. It doesn’t have quite the depth of a dynamic driver, but this is impressive impact nonetheless. The upper regions have been brought up to match as well, especially the upper-midrange. The FIBAE 4 possesses vibrant vocal projection.

Vocalists carry body and weight, but those gritty notes in the throat are emphasised. Singers like Brian McFadden or Rod Stewart sound a hair drier than they normally would. But, there is an effortful-ness to their performance that gets the emotion of the track across, which is the more important quality to me. Female vocalists tend to fare better because of the projection and the top-end’s smoothness. This comes from a mid-treble dip, which softens articulation and results in an energetic signature without fatigue. However, the trade-off in clarity and definition may take a bit of getting used to.

CJSG-LE-CA-5.jpg

In terms of image separation, the bigness of the instruments inhibit that a bit. I hear a freer, less crowded stage with the FIBAE Black, for example. But, that’s more so because of the Black’s laid-backed-ness above anything else. Overall, I think the FIBAE 4 is a great entry in Custom Art’s line-up. It is entering a saturated market with its more mainstream signature, so the verdict is still out as to how it’ll rank among its peers. But that aside, it’s a potent release from Piotr nonetheless.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #175 of 338
Thanks for the impressions @Deezel177, I sure look forward to get mine next week :D

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #176 of 338
Okay, after around 10 weeks of waiting I have received yesterday a package with Fibae4. I have switched to it from Fibae2 (leaving Fibae3 in my stack), and it was really good decision. The upgrade is so significant that I can’t believe that I can have that many goosebumps with the music that I listened to so many times.

Though I am not a professional headphones reviewer I will be happy to share some first thoughts that I have after around 4-5 hours of using Fibae4.

To begin with – this is not a CIEM to listen to when working/studying. Yesterday I had to learn some new stuff for my work and (while listening to the music) I had to re-read most of the sentences a few times (even being on the low volume), because the sound just immerses you the way it’s pointless to try to focus on anything else. Imagine yourself trying to learn / work, while being at the same on the concert (or in the discotheque) – this is the feeling that I had yesterday :wink:

After coming up with the choice that it’s either music or work, I decided to go with the music and went on with the setup – Fibae4, Mojo Chord, Tidal, and my armchair. I listened to my favorites songs from Massive Attack, Royksopp, Gorillaz and few others and that was a beautiful experience. The quality of sound is top notch. Though I am not a native english speaker, it’s much more easier to hear the vocals, because these are much more separated and so clear.

For the few hours I can say that this was a great choice. The only problem that I noticed is with (I guess) not-that-well-mastered songs, which are mostly focused on mids, and don’t have much to show with bass and trebles – in that case the sound is a bit too far, too flat and doesn’t show what F4 can do.

Other than that, I think F4 is unbelievably well tuned. When I listen to the music, I am really grateful for being able to experience these feelings :)

Great job, Piotrus! :) I don’t know what else you can give us with the TOTL model, but I am happy that I haven’t waited for it and decided to jump on the Fibae4 train. I hope, I will be able to write something more, for now I don’t have many more words to describe the enjoyment that I have :wink:

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #179 of 338
Okay, after around 10 weeks of waiting I have received yesterday a package with Fibae4. I have switched to it from Fibae2 (leaving Fibae3 in my stack), and it was really good decision. The upgrade is so significant that I can’t believe that I can have that many goosebumps with the music that I listened to so many times.

Though I am not a professional headphones reviewer I will be happy to share some first thoughts that I have after around 4-5 hours of using Fibae4.

To begin with – this is not a CIEM to listen to when working/studying. Yesterday I had to learn some new stuff for my work and (while listening to the music) I had to re-read most of the sentences a few times (even being on the low volume), because the sound just immerses you the way it’s pointless to try to focus on anything else. Imagine yourself trying to learn / work, while being at the same on the concert (or in the discotheque) – this is the feeling that I had yesterday :wink:

After coming up with the choice that it’s either music or work, I decided to go with the music and went on with the setup – Fibae4, Mojo Chord, Tidal, and my armchair. I listened to my favorites songs from Massive Attack, Royksopp, Gorillaz and few others and that was a beautiful experience. The quality of sound is top notch. Though I am not a native english speaker, it’s much more easier to hear the vocals, because these are much more separated and so clear.

For the few hours I can say that this was a great choice. The only problem that I noticed is with (I guess) not-that-well-mastered songs, which are mostly focused on mids, and don’t have much to show with bass and trebles – in that case the sound is a bit too far, too flat and doesn’t show what F4 can do.

Other than that, I think F4 is unbelievably well tuned. When I listen to the music, I am really grateful for being able to experience these feelings :)

Great job, Piotrus! :) I don’t know what else you can give us with the TOTL model, but I am happy that I haven’t waited for it and decided to jump on the Fibae4 train. I hope, I will be able to write something more, for now I don’t have many more words to describe the enjoyment that I have :wink:
Thanks for the review, can't wait to get mine. Do you have any other higher end IEMs to compare with? Can you confirm a V-shaped signature or how would you characterize it?

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #180 of 338

Post pics!

Seeing as I use ciems to block noise out for work these may be too good for that :):):p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back