Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Mar 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #136 of 338
Sent impressions, sent funds, and now we play the waiting game!

Ahh the waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos speculate about suitable portable amps to go with the F4.

iFi xCan anyone?

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #137 of 338
Preorder period is over so it's safe to come back to this thread :upside_down:. (that and the notification system stopped pinging me). I'm betting it all on Black right now but I wish everyone that ordered the F4 a speedy reception. I also wish good skill and no stress on the folks at CA that are hard at work! I know those two well-wishes may be a little at odds, but I like to hope that everything works out for everyone :grin:. Since it sounds like the turnaround is about eight weeks, that means I'm about halfway there for the Blacks so I'll continue to sniff out CA content until the day arrives.

Did reviewers start getting F4 samples yet and I missed them? I will scroll back through this thread to check. Any rough numbers on F4 preorders that you can share, @piotrus-g?

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #138 of 338
Did reviewers start getting F4 samples yet and I missed them? I will scroll back through this thread to check. Any rough numbers on F4 preorders that you can share, @piotrus-g?
Headfonics has some initial impressions but I'm not aware of any others, even just that makes me more eager to listen to my pair though! I'm very interested to hear more in-depth comparisons, I'm especially curious how it compares to the Harmony 8.2 signature and soundstage.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #139 of 338
Waiting for new headphones is a funny thing, I'm checking out this thread at least 3 times a day to check out if there are any news about Fibae4, so I could pump up my excitement even more. Would be great to read some more stuff about it, taking into consideration how hyped up Fibae Black premiere was during its first weeks since release :)

Mar 12, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #140 of 338
I know what you mean. I'm far too focused on how long it's been since I ordered/sent impressions! Good things will come from this wait, I'm sure of it.

Mar 12, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #141 of 338
Waiting for new headphones is a funny thing, I'm checking out this thread at least 3 times a day to check out if there are any news about Fibae4, so I could pump up my excitement even more. Would be great to read some more stuff about it, taking into consideration how hyped up Fibae Black premiere was during its first weeks since release :)

I think you'll be quite surprised!

I'm also very eager and excited to hear them really :)

Lots of friends from Romania seem to have an excellent impression of Custom Art :)

Mar 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #142 of 338
I am very confident the FIBAE 4 is going to rock!

A month until I should get them now :D

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #143 of 338
I am very confident the FIBAE 4 is going to rock!

A month until I should get them now :D

You've only just got the blacks in! :) Going to live with mine for a bit before deciding on a reshell of my 2's or jump in feet first with the 4's which would be the most amount I've spent.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #144 of 338
You've only just got the blacks in! :) Going to live with mine for a bit before deciding on a reshell of my 2's or jump in feet first with the 4's which would be the most amount I've spent.

Yeah well, I ordered the FIBAE 4 right after, value for money is tremendous with the Black which are quickly becoming a all time favorite and I suspect the FIBAE 4 will follow suit in a more punchy variant :metal:

Pretty sure the 4 will be competitive with IEMs double the price, and yeah I am becoming a brand fan. I already look forward to the future flagship as well :p

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #145 of 338
@davidmolliere have you tried the Blacks with a tube amp?
I'm curious about the "tube sound" but I've heard they have a lot of trouble with low impedance IEMs, so I'm wondering if the FIBAE tech compensates enough for them to sound good with an amp typically used for over-heads.

I usually use my IEMs but when I do pick up my cans I really want some more power behind them, but I want whatever amp I get to match well with the F4 as well, since they'll be my primaries soon. Well, soon as in two-ish months, my impression molds just arrived from southern California today, it's a long wait but I'm so excited that my build is finally starting!

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #146 of 338

No I haven’t, unfortunately I had to sell the CV5 which was my only tube amp... the good thing is, the Black signature make it very organic and smooth to begin with.
Good point about the noise floor though, definitely something to test but I expect good results.

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #147 of 338
No I haven’t, unfortunately I had to sell the CV5 which was my only tube amp...

Ah, I figured it was worth asking, but honestly my dap and even my phone will get more use than a desktop amp. Still, I'll report back if I get a chance to try the F4's through some tubes!

And in any case I've heard great things about the rest of the FIBAE line, I am sure the 4 will not disappoint regardless of what source we throw at them.

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #148 of 338
I'm curious about the "tube sound" but I've heard they have a lot of trouble with low impedance IEMs, so I'm wondering if the FIBAE tech compensates enough for them to sound good with an amp typically used for over-heads.

I usually use my IEMs but when I do pick up my cans I really want some more power behind them, but I want whatever amp I get to match well with the F4 as well, since they'll be my primaries soon. Well, soon as in two-ish months, my impression molds just arrived from southern California today, it's a long wait but I'm so excited that my build is finally starting!
Word of advise - make sure that your amp is designed to work with lower impedance earphones. You'll fry your amp if you have OTL output which is designed to performs best at @600 Ohms load. Hybrids should be ok, but I would still probably suggest running it though at least 10 and preferably 20-50 Ohm adapter first.

Mar 13, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #149 of 338
Word of advise - make sure that your amp is designed to work with lower impedance earphones. You'll fry your amp if you have OTL output which is designed to performs best at @600 Ohms load. Hybrids should be ok, but I would still probably suggest running it though at least 10 and preferably 20-50 Ohm adapter first.
I didn't consider the impact it would have on the amp, thanks for the advice!

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #150 of 338
and yeah I am becoming a brand fan.

It happens. I call it "Custom Art-itis". Symptoms include a rapidly emptying wallet and a small but fantastic collection of c/iems :) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back