Current Ultrasone PRO 750 user, looking for something new
Aug 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mindcloud

New Head-Fier
Ideally, I'd like to stay in the $300 or so price range - maybe something just a little different.  Currently I have a macbook pro and don't feel like I need an AMP and I am pretty okay with the sound quality of the 750's but they are 5 years old at this point, and I'm thinking it's time for something different.  I have been looking at a few paris, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, or even if someone had a different suggestion.

Right now I am looking at either Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro, Ultrasone PRO 900, HiFiman HE-400 / 500.

Thoughts? Ideas? :)  Thanks very much in advance for helping out with this - appreciate you guys so much!

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 9
I think I want something just a little different to be honest.  I like the bass in these, could do something more bass-ie and the mids would be good too.  I feel like these are pretty accurate.

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #5 of 9
I wouldn't recommend any of the headphones you've listed without an amp. The V-moda M100 might suit your needs nicely, and I think it would be a nice sound upgrade from the Ultrasones.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 9
I'm thinking an AMP is going to most likely be a good idea - however I can't use open ear because I listen to a lot of music at work, and can't bother my cube mates :)  Should have stated that earlier sorry guys

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
I'm thinking an AMP is going to most likely be a good idea

^Definitely.

The Ultrasones will benefit from proper amping. I think there is a Rudistor NX-02 in the FS section that is a perfect match for the cans & your budget.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I'm thinking an AMP is going to most likely be a good idea - however I can't use open ear because I listen to a lot of music at work, and can't bother my cube mates :)  Should have stated that earlier sorry guys

In that case:

AudioTechnica A900X
Mr Speakers Mad Dog with Alpha Pads
Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm
SoundMAGIC HP100
Denon D600 (or find a used Denon D2000)
Logitech UE 6000
AKG K550
AKG K267

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back