Current State of the Market: Best Dual BA IEM available now?
Sep 15, 2016 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Roen

500+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

Ever since I got word that the Fischer Audio DBA-02 MkIII was suspended, I've been trying to find a suitable competitor in the dual BA market. I'm interested in other types of IEMs as well, but for now, I'm looking for a good entrant in the dual BA market.

What enticed me about the DBA over the B2 or the R-50 and other TWFK models was the amount of bass that the DBA delivered relative to the others. While I know dual BA's aren't known for their bass levels, that's what I'm gearing towards when I read reviews.

Any suggestions right now?

After the dual BA experiment, I'll probably move up to the quad BA SE846, but I want to move slowly. I'm also interested in trying the hybrid 1 + 1 LZ-A2S at some point as well.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 13
You could take a look at CustomArt Music Two: http://www.thecustomart.com/music_art-custom.php

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #4 of 13
@piotrus-g at custom art is a great guy , and he won't BS/sweet talk you into buying sth just to get his pockets full with your hard earned money

+1 from me about him

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check them out.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 13
Are there any suggestions in the $200 - $250 range?

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 13
  Are there any suggestions in the $200 - $250 range?

Not exactly in the $200-250 price range (or even a pure BA setup), but I recently reviewed the AAW Nebula Two Hybrid IEM and found them an exceptional value for the price at $150. They're already available in Asia, but I'm not sure when they'll reach Western markets. Check out my review of them if you want more details.

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #10 of 13
Ei. 3 is a triple BA?

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 13
  Hi All,

I've been trying to find a suitable competitor in the dual BA market. I'm interested in other types of IEMs as well, but for now, I'm looking for a good entrant in the dual BA market.

why sticking to that? you have very competent single BA or dynamic in the market .
Would be much more important to express what you're looking for in term of signature or type of music you're listening to.
Still I agree with others : Custom art is a top class company . I have Music one & had EI3.and both are fantastic values.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #13 of 13
  why sticking to that? you have very competent single BA or dynamic in the market .
Would be much more important to express what you're looking for in term of signature or type of music you're listening to.
Still I agree with others : Custom art is a top class company . I have Music one & had EI3.and both are fantastic values.

I have the following: Dynamic, Dual Dynamic, Dynamic + BA Hybrid.

I just want to hear what a Dual BA sounds like. I have my eyes on the SE846 Quad BA in the future after demoing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back