Current high end IEM that sounds closest to Westone ES5?
Mar 19, 2020 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LouisArmstrong

1000+ Head-Fier
I lost one side of my ES5 a few years back, and since then I have bought numerous other TOTL customs and universals, including the K10, Layla, Legend X and Tia Fourte, but none of them seems to be able to give me the smooth and lush mids and good bass - the almost LCD-2 like sound signature, if you know what I mean. Is there any TOTL IEM that can give me back the ES5 sound signature? To my knowledge the ES5 has stopped production and from the review of current Westone offers, they don't seem to be of similar sound to the ES5 anymore (although they may be "better" in other aspects).

Oh, one other thing I really appreciate with the ES5 is that it uses some kind of soft tip even though it is custom. That gave me better seal and sound isolation than any universal eartips or pure acrylic customs, ever.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 3
I had an ES3 repaired from Earsonics, you may want to ask them.

Mar 20, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Wait on experinced iem guys (I am not). But from what I know the most popular Westone IEM was always ES60 (more reference but still Westone pleasent sound) and I believe there are still happy people which do not have any interest to buy some new iems becouse of it. And yes Westone soft tip is best, strangely no other brands doing it, maybe some Westone licence who knows.

From reading natural warmer mids should have VE8, Reborn, Fibae 7, Prelude and sure many more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back