Current HE-5 Owners -> LE ?
Apr 28, 2010 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vergex2

100+ Head-Fier
Will there be any way for current HE-5 owners to try out the LE flavor short of completely buying a new pair of phones? I certainly do not want to drop another $600+ on extremely similar phones. As much as I love me HE-5s, wood cracking is a problem (I've only had it for a month) and it sure feels heavy and hasn't been completely alleviated with 'acclimatization'.

Maybe if I have to send it for warranty (ie to much damage to the wood) Head Direct could offer an option to an exchange with an HE-5LE?

However, if this isn't possible, I have no qualms with keeping a now discontinued phone (as I understand it, at least). [Not to say that they aren't still easily purchasable from Etailers who still have it in stock].

Thanks for your consideration.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 4
I am from Bangkok , Thailand.
I bought 1 HE-5 but have to change it twice because the cracking of
the wooden part at the site of the headband screw.
This is my third HE-5 that the sales in Thailand changed twice for me free of charge. I still concern that the wood cracking will cause problem soon, I would like to change to a new one even I have to pay extra, Will Fang do that for me
Kiertijai

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiertijai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am from Bangkok , Thailand.
I bought 1 HE-5 but have to change it twice because the cracking of
the wooden part at the site of the headband screw.
This is my third HE-5 that the sales in Thailand changed twice for me free of charge. I still concern that the wood cracking will cause problem soon, I would like to change to a new one even I have to pay extra, Will Fang do that for me
Kiertijai

This would be a serious problem if this were to happen to me. It hasn't completely broken yet, but there is extremely noticeable damage already on the left screw and the body of the HE-5. If it actually breaks, I would demand a refund, never mind that the period is over. This debacle of build quality simply should never exist in hi-fi audio.

I'd definitely need new headphones - my EF-5 broke recently (PSU dead) and it'd cost me about $100 just to ship it back - or pay $50 and wait 3 months to ship it the slow way.

Please help us out here. I guarantee I will never buy from Head Direct again if product build quality is as bad as it is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back