Curious Cables USB
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #61 of 80
I'm down to buying my last piece of equipment for my set up which is the usb cable.

I have just upgraded my wall duplex to furutech NCF with aluminum shield and carbon cover, the whole set and have a harmonic technology ac-10 power cable with furutech rhodium plugs, going to audio gd reference 10.32 (best dac and amp I have heard so far), and a few headphones still on the way like a lcd 2.1 and hd800, right now these are connected to balanced stax set up 407+006ts. Very very good result. The usb cable is from the audeze deckard looks like moderate quality.

Funny thing is I bought the stax earlier in the game and I sold and bought many headphones after that but can't find any dynamic that can make me sell the stax set up. Other headphones I keep now just have a different sound. But not as detailed and realistic sounding but more fun. Hopefully the hd800 I like and then maybe put the stax on sale. The amplifier from stax is a bit hotter now I run the Reference 10.32 as pre amp. Not sure it's good for it or not. But not caught on fire yet and sounds much better than from a smaller sized dac based on sabre connected to the stax with rca cables.

I have eyes on this curious cable and siltech anniversary cable. Anybody tried both?

The wall duplex was installed yesterday and even my speakers sounds better now before I had to crank it louder to hear Netflix movie dialogue but now low volume is clear and I can hear everything. Could be psychological. Lol. I got a good deal on the duplex set used like new so no buyer remorse. Maybe will sound even better later.

Another question is I see these ifi external usb thingy. Do I need one from my computer to the dac if I get a expensive cable like siltech or curious? The computer motherboard is well built (asus rampage iv extreme, old but not obsolete lol), also have this usb 3.0 pci express card which I got when I was running my occulus set up. I tried connect the audiogd to that one didn't hear any difference so I just use a USB 3.0 port from the back of motherboard. The audiogd has the amenero combo384 user replaced before I bought it. And a hdmi module not sure what to do with it. My gear is getting pretty complex and many things can do to tune here and there.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #64 of 80
Just received today a Curious USB cable to try out with my Bifrost 2/Jot 2 Focal Clear setup. I was absolutely blown away. I've worked in IT for almost 30 years, but been a musician for 35 (and audio producer). The IT part of me says this is crazy - the musician part of me hears MUCH more clarity, instrument separation, and slightly larger sound stage. Honestly, it's a HUGE upgrade. I had been using a Schiit PYST USB cable. I should add that it's a used cable and has most likely had plenty of burn-in time.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #65 of 80
Just received today a Curious USB cable to try out with my Bifrost 2/Jot 2 Focal Clear setup. I was absolutely blown away. I've worked in IT for almost 30 years, but been a musician for 35 (and audio producer). The IT part of me says this is crazy - the musician part of me hears MUCH more clarity, instrument separation, and slightly larger sound stage. Honestly, it's a HUGE upgrade. I had been using a Schiit PYST USB cable.
Your IT part is right

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #66 of 80
Aug 15, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #68 of 80
They would have a chance to be right If they were not attached to a human brain vulnerable to placebo and dreaming.
I've worked with studio equipment ranging from smaller dollar amounts to thousands. Compressors, EQ's, finalizers, multiband compressors, reverbs - hundreds of pieces of outboard gear over the years. Sometimes certain ones work for certain situations for what I'm working on, sometimes they don't. The dollar amount becomes irrelevant (the brand too). Placebo has to be thrown out the window quickly in the audio post production industry. It's pretty elementary to A/B the PYST cable with the Curious one and hear the difference.

Have you tried one?

Aug 15, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #69 of 80
I've worked with studio equipment ranging from smaller dollar amounts to thousands. Compressors, EQ's, finalizers, multiband compressors, reverbs - hundreds of pieces of outboard gear over the years. Sometimes certain ones work for certain situations for what I'm working on, sometimes they don't. The dollar amount becomes irrelevant (the brand too). Placebo has to be thrown out the window quickly in the audio post production industry. It's pretty elementary to A/B the PYST cable with the Curious one and hear the difference.

Have you tried one?
All I will tell you is,
With cables the only things which matters is Impendance and depending on environment, Shielding.
More than this is snake oil.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #70 of 80
Sep 7, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #72 of 80
So you link a snake oil company as your source of facts about how physics works. Well played. You played yourself.
Honestly, if you haven't tried the cable, just stop posting negatively about it.

Sep 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #73 of 80
Honestly, if you haven't tried the cable, just stop posting negatively about it.
You should very well try wearing a tin foil hat while listening. Some say it makes a huge difference.

To anyone else who respects well known science, Just remember when it comes to electrical signal cables: low impedance and shielding if necessary but any more than this is snake oil.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #74 of 80
Does anybody know if the RCA Interconnects have direction? Most brands usually do but I just received the Curious one and there is no direction shown on the cables.... I am "curious" to know... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back