ct570 just arrived, comments
May 13, 2002 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
I just got my 570 today (won it off ebay). I can say I am glad to finally be a member of team line-out. :p

impressions:

The lineout on this model works with the xbs but I must admit, the bass boost is unusable. It's kind of like being inside with sunglasses on. Isn't bass boost just supposed to bring up the low frequencies, not lower the higher ones?

The overall sound on this player is much better then my panasonic 279 model. The music comes out much more powerfully. My 279 needs the bass boost on at all times (its bass boost just increased the lows, it doesn't veal the highs) or else the sound is very thin, the 570 doesn't have this problem thankfully. Now if only I could swap bass boosts...
tongue.gif

Biggie.

May 15, 2002 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I agree with your comments, I listen to the 570 with the EQ and antishock off. I cannot hear any difference however between the antishock off and the 10 sec mode. Definate drop in quality with 40 sec setting.

The other day I listened to a CD using my laptop after not using it for a couple of months, and I was amazed at how much difference there is. The fan noise was noticable and distracting.

May 15, 2002 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
I agree with your comments, I listen to the 570 with the EQ and antishock off. I cannot hear any difference however between the antishock off and the 10 sec mode. Definate drop in quality with 40 sec setting.

This is because the 10-second anti-shock does not use compression, while the 40-second does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back