CS43131 Thoughts?
Mar 2, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #16 of 21
So your laptop is Windows 10 and MusicBee is your main music app? Just my guess that difference in audio with it open is that it's using a different Windows device interface. You're plugging your IEMs directly in the laptop headphone jack? Generally when you hear hiss with an IEM, it does mean an imbalance with resistance with amp (easier with IEM since it is more sensitive than other headphone types). Also a possible reason since you're only hearing on a laptop's headphone jack (which is using its own onboard DAC and amp). Ground loops can be brought on by all sorts of conditions: perhaps with bigshot's video example, the noise is being introduced by the power draw of the laptop's AC power (fixed at 60hz in North America) vs the powered speaker's draw as well. The earphone ground loop isolator may help: not so much a ground noise filter, but it may have different resistance and may help. If it's a few bucks, it's worth a shot.
Thanks a lot! I'll consider that.

Mar 3, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #17 of 21
Asus laptops have very poor quality headphone jacks, lots of noise, etc. You can try and run without the power cable (on battery) and see if that helps.. it should. I would actually recommend an optical SPDIF output (usb) and then feed that to a dac. Zero noise.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #18 of 21
Just buy an ibasso dc03 usb dongle dac with dual cirrus logic cs43131 chip. It has better sound output quality compared to any laptop, also it is hiss free, and takes away any ground problems your laptop has.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #19 of 21
Just buy an ibasso dc03 usb dongle dac with dual cirrus logic cs43131 chip. It has better sound output quality compared to any laptop, also it is hiss free, and takes away any ground problems your laptop has.
I just bought a Hidizs S3 for 9 USD on Shopee. A bit scared if it's legit and the product advertised is what I'd receive. Though it is a preferred store and I got confirmation from the seller.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 21
Just buy an ibasso dc03 usb dongle dac with dual cirrus logic cs43131 chip. It has better sound output quality compared to any laptop, also it is hiss free, and takes away any ground problems your laptop gas
I just bought a Hidizs S3 for 9 USD on Shopee. A bit scared if it's legit and the product advertised is what I'd receive. Though it is a preferred store and I got confirmation from the seller.
So how was the sound quality of that dongle dac so far? Did it improve the sound quality?

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #21 of 21
Just buy an ibasso dc03 usb dongle dac with dual cirrus logic cs43131 chip. It has better sound output quality compared to any laptop, also it is hiss free, and takes away any ground problems your laptop gas

So how was the sound quality of that dongle dac so far? Did it improve the sound quality?
Still don't have it yet. Will ship tomorrow from seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back