Crosszone Headphones [CZ-1, CZ-10, CZ-8A, and More!]
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #31 of 76
I might also add the CZ-10 is definitely a unique listening experience and I would argue should not be the only headphone you own. It blows some things away for stuff like live recordings, but some songs that rely on perfect R/L separation for music effects have those effects diminished because of the nature of the headphone's delay chambers. That being said, I enjoy mine quite a bit for the simple reason that it's different and unique, even down to the build and hinge mechanism. It feels like a Japanese built camera with two lenses stuck on the front that take two pictures at the same time. Not practical for all scenarios but man if something that weird didn't ever give you a good time or an oddly satisfying one I don't know what will.

If we're going food here, the HD650 is a burrito from Chipotle. Everyone's tried or heard of it, it's very overrated and yet never disappointing, and you know what to expect both good and bad. The CZ-10 is a sushi burrito. It's familiar and yet totally different, distinctly Japanese (disclaimer: sushi burritos are American creations), absolutely amazing at its best, and mushy and a bit overwhelming when it's not what you need right then. Chances are most people will be in the mood for Chipotle on any given day, but they'll never be plated something as unique as a sushi burrito, even if it's not always your burrito of choice every time you decide to get one.

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #32 of 76
All of them sound wider, much wider than HD650. I have Dekoni Blue to compare, which is a T50 Mod, I think CZ-10 (I assume those you're asking about), are lighter, but wider, more musical, more fluid. Dekoni Blue has more bass and impact.

Comparing them toi HD650, the only disadvantage they may have is the more forward midrange, but everything else, detailing, resolution, imaging, soundstage width and depth, comfort, build quality, they are better than Hd650

I think CZ-10 is more expensive than either though, so it is to be expected for them to be better.

Cool.

I'm also asking about the CZ-1 and CZ-8A.

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #36 of 76
Yes, it is still relevant, what would you like to know?
I’m trying to buy one and just wanted to know if people were still enjoying it. Your review finally convinced me. I want something smooth comfortable relaxing and unique. I also wonder how they are holding up as I’m buying used. Thanks you are one of the best reviewers!

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #37 of 76
I’m trying to buy one and just wanted to know if people were still enjoying it. Your review finally convinced me. I want something smooth comfortable relaxing and unique. I also wonder how they are holding up as I’m buying used. Thanks you are one of the best reviewers!

Thank you so much friend!

I hope that they will be fun for you, the sound and presentation is unique for sure.

About how well they last, they should last really well. The only problem that can develop on them is for the adjusting mechanism to become looser and give them a more soft fit, but that's about it. The drivers are dynamic and have very low failure rate, while the rest of the heaphone is fairly rugged.

Jun 13, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #38 of 76
This was the first custom cable of its kind that I could find on the internet, Crosszone sells one but its super expensive and basic looking, although high quality. I worked with him to provide the correct pinout after a very nice representative at Crosszone gave me the polarity chart on the 4 pole 3.5mm.

@demodan23 do you have a link to that polarity chart? Looking to make some custom cables for these.

Jul 28, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #39 of 76
@demodan23 do you have a link to that polarity chart? Looking to make some custom cables for these.
Not sure if the XLR image is for the Crosszone stuff as it's been awhile but here's the polarity chart!

Attachments

• crosszone polarity.png
    crosszone polarity.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 345x122.jpg
    345x122.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #40 of 76
Also - I may be interested in selling my CZ-10 as I may eventually upgrade to the CZ-8a because my tube amp is broken for the time being (the CZ-10 loves power!) and I need the money right now. DM if interested! I will unfortunately be keeping my custom balanced XLR cable.

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #41 of 76
So I literally just stumbled upon this brand and now have read most of the reviews and it certainly is very intriguing! I think on paper it seems CZ-8A is more up my alley.

@Dobrescu George Can you recommend a webshop in EU for us to purchase this? Also, I recently sold all my TOTL gear, and right now I just bought BTR7 only as a source for portability purposes, do you think it would have enough juice to drive these?

Oct 20, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #42 of 76
So I literally just stumbled upon this brand and now have read most of the reviews and it certainly is very intriguing! I think on paper it seems CZ-8A is more up my alley.

@Dobrescu George Can you recommend a webshop in EU for us to purchase this? Also, I recently sold all my TOTL gear, and right now I just bought BTR7 only as a source for portability purposes, do you think it would have enough juice to drive these?

Hiii,

I think that very few shops in Europe shop it, so I would rather try to get in touch with MuSon project instead, they can sell it to you directly as far as I know

I did not hear BTR7, so I'm not sure, but both Questyle M15 and Lotoo PAW S2 are enough for driving CZ-8A, so BTR7 may be enough as well.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #43 of 76
Hello. I'm going to buy Crosszone headphones, can CZ-10 be a good choice? Honestly, I wanted to buy a CZ-8A, but I can't afford it.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #44 of 76
If anyone is interested in a crosszone cz-8a, I have one listed for very cheap on classifieds.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #45 of 76
Does anyone have experience with CZ-8a and HD800S and can compare the imaging and which has better immersion for movie watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back