Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
May 12, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #226 of 458
This is no hype, it's for real! Not perfect, but a sound you immediately like. Not too much of irritating colorations. No lack of bass (actually there's a bit too much of it), highs or mids. Not on par with a full size can like Sennheiser HD650, but I would have been bitter if it had. There's far less details. I would describe the sound as coarse in comparison. None of the pads fits my ears, but the small from OVC T25 is perfect. You must get a perfect fit to enjoy a full bass.

The only canalphones I have used are Creative EP630 and OVC T25. Those are absolute crap compared to the Mylar Three.

May 12, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #227 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeivan86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try it out with an amp. For me I felt a huge difference in clarity and soundstage
smily_headphones1.gif

x2
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #229 of 458
Received mine couple of days ago. I want to wait until my foam tips arrive and phones burn in for about 100 hours before giving a final verdict, but they sound pretty good for 57$ IEM's. BTW, anyone know if that CR-02 Portable Amp they sell on jaben.net is any good?

May 13, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #234 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the MylarOne X3 compare to the V moda Vibes?

there is not a bit of comparison. vibes were probably the worst canalphones i have ever heard. i even prefer my ep630's to the vibes. vibes = pricey, crappy, and craptastic. they just sound like awful headphones to my ears. i tried so hard to like them. now the x3's...i try so hard to dislike them, but i can't help myself!
tongue.gif

May 13, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #235 of 458
Is the only place the X3 is available www.jaben.net?? That website seems a bit dodgey to me, no pics of their products, no details about anything that they sell.

Is the X3 good for electronic/house/club type music? That is what I mainly listen to but I do also listen to a lot of rock and metal. When everyone has been commenting on the SQ and bass what type of music have you been listening to?

Could someone please take some pics of their X3's or post a link to some pics. Thanks in advance

May 13, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #236 of 458
that is the only place to get them. uncle wilson from jaben has probably the best customer service there is. the X3's are great for rock and metal and electronic. if you just look in this thread i'm sure you can find pics or plenty of resources and places you can find pics (headphonehaven forums for starters). learn to look around first. it gets quite repetitive if people keep posting the same things.
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #238 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraEvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW souperman, do you like the M3 over ksc75 and MS-1?

ms-1's trump the x3's but the x3's trump the ksc75's

MS-1 > X3 > KSC75.

I love my Ms-1's for rock which is what I primarily listen to.

May 13, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #239 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ms-1's trump the x3's but the x3's trump the ksc75's

MS-1 > X3 > KSC75.

I love my Ms-1's for rock which is what I primarily listen to.

I thought there is a problem with my ear. Now that you agree with me
etysmile.gif
M3 > KSC75

May 13, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #240 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the only place the X3 is available www.jaben.net?? That website seems a bit dodgey to me, no pics of their products, no details about anything that they sell.

Is the X3 good for electronic/house/club type music? That is what I mainly listen to but I do also listen to a lot of rock and metal. When everyone has been commenting on the SQ and bass what type of music have you been listening to?

Could someone please take some pics of their X3's or post a link to some pics. Thanks in advance

check out this thread on our small local forum
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back