Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
Apr 23, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianadam888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand why your thread was removed as this site was sponsored.

Though I havent try the Mylar I always believe in "what you pay = what you get".

I really find hard to believe a $60 unknown canalphone is on par with the relatively well known UE Super.fi 5 Pro ($165).

Will drop by Jaben if I am free later.

I agree with him. After you take more time with it, you will find the different of $100.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #32 of 458
I for one do not believe in "what you pay = what you get". I believe that certain products offer more value for money than others. The best example of this might be the hailed KSC75.

I'd love to hear your opinions when you've actually heard this product though.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #33 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I for one do not believe in "what you pay = what you get". I believe that certain products offer more value for money than others. The best example of this might be the hailed KSC75.

I'd love to hear your opinions when you've actually heard this product though.

well i don't believe in YOU.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #35 of 458
Okay, despite the sonic drawbacks some of you find with the MylarOne X3s, can everyone agree that they are superior to the MylarOne Classics? Or is even that up for debate?

Like corsair, I'd also like to get a sense of their build quality...S/he put it best when s/he said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one question:

Do these mylarthrees face the same QC problems as mylarones?

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #37 of 458
:sigh: quality control...

It seems more and more manufacturers take the most cost effective way regarding QC, they'd rather replace products with flaws than having stricter QC to put only the perfect ones out in the first place.

I personally know a surprising number of Shure e500 owners who have to replace their dearest phones. Some did that three times and considered themselves getting good services. It might seem so holding a brand new replacement pair 6 months after the original purchase but, shouldn't they be happier if the first pair did just what they suppose to?

As for the Mylarone X3, I'd say buy from reliable source and they'll replace it if something go wrong. Just like any IEM.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #38 of 458
So far, of all the units bought here in Singapore, there's only 2 reported cases of failures. Not sure how Wilson will handle overseas warranties but he's very trustworthy for local ones.
And yes, the sound is much better than the mylarOnes, quit asking already.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #39 of 458
assuming that mylar3s don't isolate that well, is the isolation at least on par with, say Marshmallows (FX-33) or something similar? I'm lookin for cheap isolating IEMs right now and am trying to decide between iM616 and UM1 before stumbling across this thread... could someone enlighten me? thanks in advance

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #40 of 458
They isolate better than my EB's and don't need bass reduction to tame them. Up till now no problems with quality although I still think the cables are rather flimsy and the build looks cheap.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #41 of 458
Can somebody explain to me the difference between the Mylarone classics and the Mylarone X3? Are the X3s the newer version? Do they sound different?

Tried to look for info on this but every info is so cluttered.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #42 of 458
I have both the Mylarone Classic and the Mylarone X3.

IMHO, the first is already very good earphone. It's sound characteristic is a bit bright, weaker bass than the second one and a good detail.
The X3, I would say it's an improvement from the X1. The sound is not as bright as the first, more detailed and more extension on both low and high, a stronger bass and sweeter mid.

Apr 24, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #43 of 458
The mylarone X3 is definitely a huge upgrade over the mylarone classic. It has a very musical feel to it and better than a lot of iems in the sub $150 category.
For improved isolation, you can use biflanges.

As for QC issues, the failure rate is so low considering the hundreds that he has sold
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #44 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by D_4_Dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
assuming that mylar3s don't isolate that well, is the isolation at least on par with, say Marshmallows (FX-33) or something similar?

Isolation is worst than my Marshmallows with E2 yellow foamies. Very noticeable microphonic as well but eliminated when wear upside down and wrap the cord behind ears. Out of the box they sound quite impressive. While typing this I picked them up to hear what's playing and I'm already tapping my feet to ELO's Mr.Bluesky
biggrin.gif

Where I live the UM1 is simply three times the price this x3 so, my choice was made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back