Crossfield use??
Jun 12, 2002 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 18
Yes, I use it exclusivly. When it's off I get a headache within seconds.

Jun 12, 2002 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 18
I don't know what I'm going to do without it when I have to send my loaner little back.
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2002 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 18
Now it's ten days since I have my Corda HA-1. Most of the time, I leave the crossfeed processor off. But maybe this will change by and by...

smily_headphones1.gif
JaZZ

Jun 12, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
Now it's ten days since I have my Corda HA-1. Most of the time, I leave the crossfeed processor off. But maybe this will change by and by...

smily_headphones1.gif
JaZZ

I find the first position is more than adequate to save me the headaches. It doesn't take much for the effect to do wonders.

Jun 12, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 18
Hi Nezer

I'm lucky not to be very vulnerable to headaches. And I often appreciate the extra stereo effect given from some low-frequency sounds expanding the panorama. Also there's a slight loss of bass (at least to the perception) with the crossfeed on – even in the first position. But I'm really not averse to delve in the crossfeed in the future.

smily_headphones1.gif
JaZZ

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 18
I have a JMT with crossfeed. When reading the principles on how it works I thought it would be a cool thing to have. In execution I was dissapointed. It felt like it took the whole soundstage and narrowed the field too much for me. Like the amp, though!

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
Hi Nezer

I'm lucky not to be very vulnerable to headaches. And I often appreciate the extra stereo effect given from some low-frequency sounds expanding the panorama. Also there's a slight loss of bass (at least to the perception) with the crossfeed on – even in the first position. But I'm really not averse to delve in the crossfeed in the future.

smily_headphones1.gif
JaZZ

It does really boil down to preference. Some people prefer the extreme stereo... I have a very hard time with it now. Be that as it may I do find that crossfeeds can 'color' the sound in a negative way. Again, I think this boils down to preference. The Meier is pretty good though the bass doess seemingly drop out. I prefered the Headroom x-feed becauseit didn't seem to suffer from this effect, however, I don't think they publish thier schematics so the only chance I have of using thier design is to buy on of thier amps (and I am considering a Blockhead but thats a ways off right after I pick-up the Cary 306 or Wadia).

There are a few designs posted on headwize that I am thinking of building just to see how it works for my ears. I really think thats the best way to go about it, build and tweak them until it works with your ears and brain.

Jun 13, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #14 of 18
I have not yet decided whether I prefer the crossfeed of the Corda or the MOH/Max. I hope to do a MOH loaner in the nearish future and hopefully maybe do a big writeup on my impressions of the differences between the two crossfeed filters. They ARE certainly different, to be sure.

I find crossfeed to be all but worthless on most recordings and all but required on some.
smily_headphones1.gif

In general, I would not consider the crossfeed when deciding which amp to purchase. There are far too many more critical areas of complaint for me to focus on something that is such a low priority to me. I appreciate having the Crossfeed option when it is there, but I'd much rather have a "better" amp.

I don't seem to perceive the soundstage compression that people describe so much with the Corda. I do perceive the slight bass dip but consider it to be overall worthwhile and typically leave the Crossfeed set to the first setting when I'm listening casually.

I would audition both the MG Head and Corda before purchasing if I were you. There are large differences between the two amps, crossfeed aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back