Crossfeed software
May 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sonic Defender

Headphoneus Supremus
I give up, I've been looking for a few hours for a recent thread where a head-fi member suggested a crossfeed plugin that he claimed was free, and made a massive difference in his musical experiences. A few others then joined in saying they tried the software and agreed. I thought I bookmarked the thread, but being a dumbass I didn't. I hope the title will trigger the poster to answer in this thread. I knew I should have done the download right away!

May 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm pretty sure the free version of Jriver media center has a crossfeed plugin. Personally I prefer my sound without plugins or EQs of any kind but it's there if you want to experiment with it.

May 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 5
I have a paid version of JRiver. Thank you for your reply, I did find the thread again and the plugin is called Isone Pro. I never use any DSP, but lately I have been using a little parametric EQ once and a while and same with this type of software, just to see and hear what can be done. Thanks again.

May 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 5
I personally use Redline Monitor, I think it's the best software crossfeed that I've tried. Isone Pro has a great sound stage and well separated instruments, but it feels very coloured and unnatural to me. The imaging on Redline is a little bit cluttered, but the timbre of instruments sounds natural and the sense of space is very convincing (particularly the phantom center channel, which gives better focus to vocals). 

May 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give Redline a try for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back