crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jan 26, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #2,716 of 3,338
I don't know about that fiasco, but i did see his post to Jomo's owner at Facebook if that's what you mean! That was horrible.
Oww ok, dont have FB. He def can be very aggressive in his communication. I’ll try to google it.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #2,717 of 3,338
In no way is HBB paid to review things for linsoul. He does get things from them to review.
HBB is indirectly being paid by Linsoul.
He is getting free expensive IEMs and other products to keep and hype them. He then re-sell them on his Patreon.
He get to reap in the reward as long as Linsoul keep sending him new products to keep.
He's no different than Zeos re-selling what he doesn't like on his Patreon.
I can't say this doesn't influence their view because there are reviewer that only get loaner products.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #2,718 of 3,338
I don't want to spread much negativity or accuse somebody, but this has to be said: Head-Fi is a cesspool of fake reviewers who throw out a ton of useless reviews in order to get free stuff from manufacturers. No one should believe everything a reviewer says or make a buying decision based on one reviewer's opinion alone. Sometimes I get the impression of a sheep flock that blindly follows anyone who can put three sentences in a row. Stay aware, inform yourselves and keep some common sense, guys.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #2,719 of 3,338
He is getting free expensive IEMs and other products to keep and hype them. He then re-sell them on his Patreon.
He get to reap in the reward as long as Linsoul keep sending him new products to keep.
I can't say this doesn't influence their view because there are reviewer that only get loaner products.

Most if not all reviewers get stuffs for free, nothing new or surprising about that. Always take reviews with a huge pinch of salt.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #2,720 of 3,338
Most if not all reviewers get stuffs for free, nothing new or surprising about that. Always take reviews with a huge pinch of salt.
No reviewer is fully objective. They all get revenue streams or gear for free one way or the other. Nothing wrong with that, but always check multiple sources before buying blind. Listening yourself is always the best method!

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #2,721 of 3,338
The Zodiac seems promising. Curious how well the low end is. He just mentions that its well extended. Please share when you receive it.
And your absolutely right! How good something is, is highly subjective.

I got to test a beta version of the Zodiac and was impressed by the beta's bass because the younger TSMRs (TSMR-5 & 6) shot more for upper mids and treble character but Zodiac gave good freedom and equality to bass too. Haha. Plus the switches enable some fiddling as per liking. The overall signature is balanced with good overall resolution. Hopefully the final version retained most of the beta's character. I see they put in vents which weren't there on the beta.

Hey @arijitroy2 ! Looks like you'll have impressions soon! :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #2,722 of 3,338
I got to test a beta version of the Zodiac and was impressed by the beta's bass because the younger TSMRs (TSMR-5 & 6) shot more for upper mids and treble character but Zodiac gave good freedom and equality to bass too. Haha. Plus the switches enable some fiddling as per liking. The overall signature is balanced with good overall resolution. Hopefully the final version retained most of the beta's character. I see they put in vents which weren't there on the beta.

Hey @arijitroy2 ! Looks like you'll have impressions soon! :gs1000smile:
Sure will, stay tuned :D

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #2,723 of 3,338
Wrong you don't know what you are talking about. This is incorrect %100. You sir are spreading lies.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #2,724 of 3,338
Wrong you don't know what you are talking about. This is incorrect %100. You sir are spreading lies.
I watch both HBB and Zeos channels and I like different opinions and seeing new products.
My comment is not meant to be disparaging to them.
Many different reviewers outside of the audiophile world get free products and sell them off too. I don't care if they do as long as there is transparency.
Crinacle is sponsored by Linsoul too.

HBB and Zeos both auction off their free products. Auctioning off product is selling.
HBB and Zeos both mention this in their videos and it's on HBB's Patreon page.
"For IEM and headgear over $110. You can bid on items in this range and Ghetto items too".

Jan 26, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #2,726 of 3,338
Someone please make a Reviewer Ranking List thread so that discussion can move elsewhere. :poop::shrug:

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #2,727 of 3,338
hum hum... Time to put the Fir Audio M5 on the top list bro... For me the only one iem which can compete with them are the Erlkoning. I had extensive time to compare them. They are technically equal but on some tracks M5 have better layering / separation.... But same spirit, same massive sound, same technical abilities, it was hard to find a winner but... as far as Erlko are only universal, the M5s have an edge here.

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #2,728 of 3,338
hum hum... Time to put the Fir Audio M5 on the top list bro... For me the only one iem which can compete with them are the Erlkoning. I had extensive time to compare them. They are technically equal but on some tracks M5 have better layering / separation.... But same spirit, same massive sound, same technical abilities, it was hard to find a winner but... as far as Erlko are only universal, the M5s have an edge here.
Would disagree pretty hard here. The Erl has a much more balanced and laidback presentation, with a much much better midrange

Not only that, there’s also quite a few IEMs that easily compete with the M5 and in many aspects outperform it

Slapping a blanket statement like “this is the best IEM is ever and there’s only one that comes close” just sounds like you can’t isolate your own preferences from the equation whatsoever and/or are overhyping what you own

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2,729 of 3,338
Would disagree pretty hard here. The Erl has a much more balanced and laidback presentation, with a much much better midrange

Not only that, there’s also quite a few IEMs that easily compete with the M5 and in many aspects outperform it

Slapping a blanket statement like “this is the best IEM is ever and there’s only one that comes close” just sounds like you can’t isolate your own preferences from the equation whatsoever and/or are overhyping what you own
FB_IMG_1579492880171.jpg

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #2,730 of 3,338

I didn't say they where the same I said they where similar in massive sound and technicalities. I didn't find the erlko had a better mid-range...

Can you give me the list of what can compete with m5? technically yes but in terms of massive intensity sound I didn't find anything in the totl.

Tried : ve8 (demo universal), Elysium (demo), soundwriter K (custom but I had the seal and fit quiet well and I tried the uni version too), u18t, se5ref, k10, all the ambiant acoustic series...

I had access to the best cables and basically best dap : sp1000 + amp, w1z k project etc and cables like 1960k horus and even code 51 cable...

After multiple comparisons I never had the full size sound feeling I have with the m5. In bass impact and extension for both high and low...

So can't wait to read your list. As far as it seems you are a treble/mids head please let your taste beside and just tell me what is equal to m5 in terms of impact intensity full size sound... There are lcdi4 which can have this kind of intensity even if I don't like them a lot and there are not really iems but more mini headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back