crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,327 of 3,338
Sep 22, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #2,331 of 3,338
There are obviously DDs that I think are "better" (more highly rated) but they're different in signature, so not necessarily direct upgrades.
Hey Crin,

Do you have any thoughts on the Z1r vs the Tia trio?

I bought the Z1R based on your review but found the treble too harsh, hoping the trio might be a better fit for me

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #2,333 of 3,338
I bought the Z1R based on your review but found the treble too harsh, hoping the trio might be a better fit for me

just curious how many hours do you have on your ier-z1r? i did experience some harshness initially but it went away after some use. you can try Final Type E ear tips as it tames the highs.
suggest you listen to the iems instead of buying based on reviews. everyone hears differently

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #2,334 of 3,338
just curious how many hours do you have on your ier-z1r? i did experience some harshness initially but it went away after some use. you can try Final Type E ear tips as it tames the highs.
suggest you listen to the iems instead of buying based on reviews. everyone hears differently
Gave them a good 20 - 30 hrs of use, don't get me wrong they sounded incredble, but they were fatiguing for me personally, i did try with the Final E tips, symbio, foams, all the included sony ones as well

I wish i could trial IEMs, but alas, the closest option for that is 1,000km away - and i work pretty much 7 days a week so no chance to fly down :/

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #2,338 of 3,338
Crinnacle, can you remember if you have ever listened to multi-driver earphones that have no crossovers before? From what I hear from the cupid (gentle seal makes a huge difference, a comfortable seal is miles better than an itchy one) it might well be worth looking into as it could indicate another level of r&d to get it done right, considering that you would have to either just let overlap or intentionally create drivers that roll-off at the correct fr, I wonder how polarizing the results of the ratings would look with a category dedicated to that approach?.....!

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #2,339 of 3,338
@crinacle firstly a big thanks for the excellent info and graphing tool. Find it an invaluable resource.

I had a quick question - was comparing some 64 Audio IEMs and saw that “N8 Universal” was listed. I thought it was only available as a custom (and seems to be so on their website). Was that a special order / universal demo version at a show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back