crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Mar 24, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #377 of 3,338
Hey crinacle any chance you could demo the Nguyen Customs Monitor Bella: http://nguyencustoms.com/ncm-bella/ (hybrid 8 BAs, 1 DD). They are apparently W-shaped, user Hawaiibadboy recommends it.

veepee u can just drop by shop and listen to the demo if u are in saigon , the demo unit is still at aust postal office, probably should reach crinnacle within next week

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #378 of 3,338
veepee u can just drop by shop and listen to the demo if u are in saigon , the demo unit is still at aust postal office, probably should reach crinnacle within next week
Wow am I becoming more and more baffled how I was unaware of NCM and your IEMs! I'll drop by sometime later but before that can I ask you something that may come off rude: How do the Bellas sound compared to the Campfire Andromeda? I'll demo the Bellas solely to answer this but my inexperience with IEMs may make my attempt fruitless.

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #379 of 3,338
Wow am I becoming more and more baffled how I was unaware of NCM and your IEMs! I'll drop by sometime later but before that can I ask you something that may come off rude: How do the Bellas sound compared to the Campfire Andromeda? I'll demo the Bellas solely to answer this but my inexperience with IEMs may make my attempt fruitless.

As a ciem maker, i don't think its within my right to compare and judge my product with other makes, i think i leave that comparison and fair judgement to the listeners who have tried both the Bella and andro :)

we have several entry models of ciem, you are more than welcome to drop by and listen and make comparisons, everybody starts from somewhere, no need to be embarrassed about lack of experience

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #380 of 3,338
As a ciem maker, i don't think its within my right to compare and judge my product with other makes, i think i leave that comparison and fair judgement to the listeners who have tried both the Bella and andro :)

we have several entry models of ciem, you are more than welcome to drop by and listen and make comparisons, everybody starts from somewhere, no need to be embarrassed about lack of experience
Well said sir

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #382 of 3,338
Would Jomo Samba be a significant upgrade to Massdrop Plus?
I am fond of clarity and details, dont care if an iem has a bit more bass, midrange or treble.
Awhile back I asked Nic (flinkenick) about TOTL IEMs with the best detail and clarity. Without hesitation he recommended the Samba and the Hidition NT6-Pro. Sorry I haven't heard the Massdrop Plus, but if it's top shelf clarity you want, those two should suffice. I have the Flamenco which also has high level detail and clarity, but with a switch system to change signatures. It's more of an all-rounder compared to the detail-focused Samba.

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #383 of 3,338
Awhile back I asked Nic (flinkenick) about TOTL IEMs with the best detail and clarity. Without hesitation he recommended the Samba and the Hidition NT6-Pro. Sorry I haven't heard the Massdrop Plus, but if it's top shelf clarity you want, those two should suffice. I have the Flamenco which also has high level detail and clarity, but with a switch system to change signatures. It's more of an all-rounder compared to the detail-focused Samba.

Thanks for answering! Flamenco is my dream IEM but out of price range. Im looking for used Samba but they rarely appear on sale. Massdrop Plus is super clear and very detailed. Its a mini flagship, bargain for 300 USD.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #384 of 3,338
Would Jomo Samba be a significant upgrade to Massdrop Plus?
I am fond of clarity and details, dont care if an iem has a bit more bass, midrange or treble.
I never heard the massdrop plus, but if you‘re fond of details, the Samba would indeed be something for you. I too thought I am fond of details and sparkle, but when I auditioned the Samba for a week, I missed the body and also the „correct“ timbre of instruments. So it’s not an allrounder IMO, it shines on technicalities (black background etc.) but a on the other hand it lacks the warmth that brings acoustic instruments to life. You can’t have both alas. In that regard the flamenco is a better allrounder. Depends on what you are looking for and what genres you are listening to.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #385 of 3,338
I never heard the massdrop plus, but if you‘re fond of details, the Samba would indeed be something for you. I too thought I am fond of details and sparkle, but when I auditioned the Samba for a week, I missed the body and also the „correct“ timbre of instruments. So it’s not an allrounder IMO, it shines on technicalities (black background etc.) but a on the other hand it lacks the warmth that brings acoustic instruments to life. You can’t have both alas. In that regard the flamenco is a better allrounder. Depends on what you are looking for and what genres you are listening to.

I listen mainly jazz, classical and some rock like Beatles and Pink Floyd. I value clarity, details and technicalities above everything else. Samba may really be for me. :)

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #386 of 3,338
I listen mainly jazz, classical and some rock like Beatles and Pink Floyd. I value clarity, details and technicalities above everything else. Samba may really be for me. :)
Hmm, I don’t know man, especially for jazz I wouldn’t recommend the Samba. More likely the Warbler Prelude or the EE Phantom would suit this genre. I haven’t auditioned them yet, but will soon. But please listen to the Samba and decide for yourself. Maybe they are the perfect fit for you. Just don’t order a CIEM version of the Samba before testing them, that’s all I wanted to say with my words above :wink:

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #387 of 3,338
Hmm, I don’t know man, especially for jazz I wouldn’t recommend the Samba. More likely the Warbler Prelude or the EE Phantom would suit this genre. I haven’t auditioned them yet, but will soon. But please listen to the Samba and decide for yourself. Maybe they are the perfect fit for you. Just don’t order a CIEM version of the Samba before testing them, that’s all I wanted to say with my words above :wink:

Problem is, I cannot listen to these without buying them, because there arent any shops with higher end iems in my city or country. I didnt intend to buy customs, I would actually never buy customs because of resale value. I might also wait for the Phantom, it sounds promising.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #388 of 3,338
Problem is, I cannot listen to these without buying them, because there arent any shops with higher end iems in my city or country. I didnt intend to buy customs, I would actually never buy customs because of resale value. I might also wait for the Phantom, it sounds promising.
Yeah, I know, testing them is a problem when not living near a big can-jam event. If you can take the risk of reselling and you are more or less sure they have the sig you are searching for, then go for it :)

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #389 of 3,338
"Tonally dead. One-note bass. No treble worth mentioning."

That Shure SE535 line made me chuckle... It was like the Monster Turbine Gold with one note bass, but also sounded "like a bland mushroom tastes and feels in my mouth" when I listened to one at CanJam in Chicago... Major disappointment, and the TripleFi 10 purchased years later was cheaper and better in every way besides ergonomics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back