crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Nov 13, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,246 of 3,338
IDK if it was discussed since I don't follow this thread but you used the Gold filters which give an emphasis to midbass of the DMG, then call the Bass underperforming bc it emphasises the midbass and bloats it. What kind of logic is that? Use the Default (balanced) or Silver filter then revisit it.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,247 of 3,338
IDK if it was discussed since I don't follow this thread but you used the Gold filters which give an emphasis to midbass of the DMG, then call the Bass underperforming bc it emphasises the midbass and bloats it. What kind of logic is that? Use the Default (balanced) or Silver filter then revisit it.

I did. The filters don't change bass performance. They affect only the mids up.

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,250 of 3,338
I did. The filters don't change bass performance. They affect only the mids up.
Affecting the mids/treble up/down then affects the bass to be tamer or boosted. Every review, and my own ears, hear that. Won't discuss anymore. Just found it hilarious.

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,251 of 3,338
Affecting the mids/treble up/down then affects the bass to be tamer or boosted. Every review, and my own ears, hear that. Won't discuss anymore. Just found it hilarious.

Oh I'll discuss it with you. I've been using the DMG even after posting my review; pretty much permanently on the default filter because I swapped it out once and was too lazy to swap it back to gold. Still think the bass is slow, and it's not because of the midbass.

Look, I've even stated in the review that the DMG is still a decent piece of gear. I don't care what other reviews say; I'm not them. I'm saying it has a weakness and changing the filters doesn't address it. No need to justify your purchases to me.

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #1,252 of 3,338
Oh I'll discuss it with you. I've been using the DMG even after posting my review; pretty much permanently on the default filter because I swapped it out once and was too lazy to swap it back to gold. Still think the bass is slow, and it's not because of the midbass.

Look, I've even stated in the review that the DMG is still a decent piece of gear. I don't care what other reviews say; I'm not them. I'm saying it has a weakness and changing the filters doesn't address it. No need to justify your purchases to me.
Now I am curious over this backlash from the DMG fan bois. Does this sound that good to some? Maybe I should try it hm....

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #1,253 of 3,338
Now I am curious over this backlash from the DMG fan bois. Does this sound that good to some? Maybe I should try it hm....

As has been said before, what sounds great to one person may sound terrible to the other, and vice versa.
For the price they may be worth a try.

If not, then you have an earphone to give away next Christmas or Birthday.

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,254 of 3,338

have you got the DM6 yet? I'm curious if it really lives up the the hype. so far reading your impressions on your list of iems, i pretty much agree and match my own experience when i hear them.

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #1,255 of 3,338
@crinacle Review the DM6! Lots of hype for it (justified?) right now.

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #1,257 of 3,338
Nov 13, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #1,258 of 3,338
have you got the DM6 yet? I'm curious if it really lives up the the hype. so far reading your impressions on your list of iems, i pretty much agree and match my own experience when i hear them.

@crinacle Review the DM6! Lots of hype for it (justified?) right now.

Waiting for updates from Linsoul. I’ll see if I can borrow it from someone instead.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,259 of 3,338

I mentioned that earlier as well. I found the gold filters to change the bass performance enough to never want to put it on again. But I find the whole filter thing quite annoying and unnecessary too. The stock filter is the best for my personal tastes.

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #1,260 of 3,338
Small update.

ModelOld rankNew rank
Ultimate Ears LiveB-B
AZLA HorizonN/AC
AZLA 01R Mk2N/AC
I'll be writing a more dedicated post on the AZLAs once I get more free time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back