crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Sep 19, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #2,311 of 3,338
Should i get zeus instead of EVR if i like mids, vocals, and great highs resolution? Im getting my EVR tomorrow but i can still return it.

edit: yes, i love flat bass.
But zeus is a pretty high resolution beast, to the point that due to its high resolution it becomes fatiguing. If you can demo them the better. As for your flat bass preference. I really like the quick bass zeus gives, i prefer it over my angie (another resolution beast in its own right).

Edit: typo's

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #2,312 of 3,338
Should i get zeus instead of EVR if i like mids, vocals, and great highs resolution? Im getting my EVR tomorrow but i can still return it.

edit: yes, i love flat bass.

How much more is the Zeus?

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #2,313 of 3,338
Sep 19, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #2,314 of 3,338
How much more is the Zeus?
Zeus massdrop is just $400 more and just about $250 more if i get it used. Just got someone told me that EVR is a bit veiled. I hate my ex800st before due to the veil problem. I guess i need to found out by myself tomorrow!

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #2,315 of 3,338
Zeus massdrop is just $400 more and just about $250 more if i get it used. Just got someone told me that EVR is a bit veiled. I hate my ex800st before due to the veil problem. I guess i need to found out by myself tomorrow!
I see that you own the evr under your signature, how is it for you?

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,316 of 3,338
The thing with zeus is that its complicated to portray what it really sounds like apart from telling you that its midcentric with tons of resolution. Regarding its resolution, if you get used to it its going to be hard for you to be impressed by other totl in terms of resolution. Zeus basically hammers the 'ideal' resolution to your brain so hard that everything else sounds boring.

During meets or when i demo stuff I actually get bored because i got used to that level of resolution.

Again not to hype and all, im just stating what my experiences are.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #2,317 of 3,338
I see that you own the evr under your signature, how is it for you?
it's tomorrow. Just updated the sig. I receive it tomorrow and i can update my impression but i dont have zues to compare. I have many more iems i own/owned to compare/recall if possible.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,318 of 3,338
it's tomorrow. Just updated the sig. I receive it tomorrow and i can update my impression but i dont have zues to compare. I have many more iems i own/owned to compare/recall if possible.
Ohhh interesting, congrats on evr! Wonder how it would fair against kse1200.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #2,319 of 3,338
Ohhh interesting, congrats on evr! Wonder how it would fair against kse1200.
I can do the comparison, i'll be returning it this weekend. I would say KSE is good. Highs are really detail. Bass is tight, can be bass shy for someone that crave for bass. The mids is spot on but vocals can be a bit thin sometimes. With those good things, it comes with an amp. The one reason that makes me returning it..

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,320 of 3,338

I would try out the EVR first (since you’re getting it anyways). Zeus is the higher-end IEM, but unfortunately I don’t have any side-by-side comparisons because Empire’s local distributor changed between lineup releases.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #2,321 of 3,338
I would try out the EVR first (since you’re getting it anyways). Zeus is the higher-end IEM, but unfortunately I don’t have any side-by-side comparisons because Empire’s local distributor changed between lineup releases.
True, i would rather listen it by myself first i guess. Even highly praised Andro didnt do justice on me :/

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #2,322 of 3,338
True, i would rather listen it by myself first i guess. Even highly praised Andro didnt do justice on me :/
Yea everyones tastes are different, learned that the hard way. Tried to ask for advise from a local distinguished audiophile. Bought the stuff he recommended ended up selling em all due to personal pref.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #2,323 of 3,338
Yea everyones tastes are different, learned that the hard way. Tried to ask for advise from a local distinguished audiophile. Bought the stuff he recommended ended up selling em all due to personal pref.
that's the love-hate about this hobby ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back