crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jan 7, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #1,501 of 3,338
Hey Crin, have you had the chance to try QDC’s budget offerings (like the Neptune)?

I thought the Gemini was pretty fantastic when I tried it, but haven’t had the opportunity to try their cheaper stuff. (And the Neptune + BTX cable seems like an interesting to-go option)

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #1,503 of 3,338
I’m interested what @crinacle thought on of RHA CL2. I will put it somewhere at D or below, after testing it twice.

but you haven't made the trip to Mount Doom to burn it for a millenia yet :smiling_imp:

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #1,504 of 3,338
@crinacle Really good post and that's exactly the one I was looking for. I don't see much JH Audio around, Have you tried to get them for a listen? I can see also that you're from around Melbourne Area (or being around here at some point), do you know a good audiologist around here for ear impressions?

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #1,506 of 3,338
So crinnacle scored the andromeda higher than the solaris?I imagine there must be alot of members who are upset.lol

Looks like someone missed the fireworks over on the Solaris thread.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #1,507 of 3,338
So crinnacle scored the andromeda higher than the solaris?I imagine there must be alot of members who are upset.lol
There were, and they(most of them) have moved on with their lives because they realized this is just a hobby, a little distraction from the world that meant to be enjoyed, to be cherished instead of going ape crap over other people's opinions.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #1,510 of 3,338
i know a guy who was so upset he returned his solaris in favor for the andromedas.

So he owned both (and thus got to compare the two) and returned one just because a guy on the Internet said one was better?

That’s just completely backwards.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #1,511 of 3,338
So he owned both (and thus got to compare the two) and returned one just because a guy on the Internet said one was better?

That’s just completely backwards.
If the story is true, then it borders on insanity.

However there have been so many "propaganda" posts about the Solaris (both pro and anti) kicking around it's questionable if it is true.

I'd sincerely hope it isn't for the sake of humanity not the Solaris

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #1,512 of 3,338
Catching up with previous questions.

Seconded, it's kinda nice to have a ranking that matches your preference, makes things much easier.

@crinacle
Will the Noble Khan be ranked in the near future? Also Edit: found it on the subreddit. Only A+ huh.
Curious about the tiering change for the Zeus XRA, do you consider that the non Adel XIV/R models would fall in the same tier?

I haven't heard the non-ADEL Zeuses but I assume that what I heard was the XIV on G1 modules. Cannot confirm anything until I get some ear time.

Hi @crinacle I am quite new in the iem hobby but your list has been a great starting point for me.. I am still hunting around for my first serious and reference pair..

I have my eyes on either the Andro OG or Andro S.. but a friend asked me to try the Prophile 8 and I really like them.. flat frequency response (to my ears), amazing details and instruments separation, very effortless presentation as if there were no box or earphones at all.. I have also tried the Tia Fourte and while they are an excellent pair, they are not exactly my cup of tea..

I think I am somewhat a technicality and mid-head (if there are such terms)..

I am sort of waiting to try the Solaris and the Z1R when they become available locally.. but if i may ask for your opinion, are there other iems that I should give a try based on what I like so far?

Thank you so much.. Cheers!

PS: A price range of $1500 max would be preferable..

PP8 is my default recommendation for anyone looking for my personal definition of "neutral". qdc is also a good option for that kind of "reference"-style sound as well as Hidition models.

Hey @crinacle , was just hoping to get some of your insight on something. I'm currently in the market for my first CIEM with a budget around $1k. Currently I'm leaning towards the Oriolus MK2 since I do want a hybrid all-rounder or reference if I can't get an all rounder. What are your thoughts on the Oriolus Mk2 and do you have any other suggestions for CIEM's at the 1k mark?

Oriolus is somewhat tame for a hybrid, yes. My issue with it is possibly too little upper treble extension as well as the crazy driver flex. Not a lot of all-rounder hybrid CIEMs, maybe the W900 but they retuned it and I don't know how they sound like. You could also request the C9 Japan Domestic Market edition from Stealthsonics if you're curious.

any official opinion on the Soranik SP3 now, Crin?

Working on a combined post for Soranik before February.

seems Final Audio E1000 is C in the first page instead of C+ here? I suppose that's the correct place for it?

Yes, E1000 to C. Will ammend changelog.

Hi Crinacle, Happy New Year! Just wondering if you got your customer N8 back and if it's working for you now? I'm currently have Legend X and looking to change things up and was looking at the N8 after your initial impressions but read you've had some issues with your custom.

I'm also looking at A12t and A18t for more of a change. I've never tried 64 Audio before and would like to give one a go, what would you recommend from all 3?

Will post on a review on the N8 with all the details. Quite a lot has happened but TL;DR the custom version of the N8 (the only version that you can buy) is rather underwhelming and I had to modify it for me to accept it.

Hey Crin, have you had the chance to try QDC’s budget offerings (like the Neptune)?

I thought the Gemini was pretty fantastic when I tried it, but haven’t had the opportunity to try their cheaper stuff. (And the Neptune + BTX cable seems like an interesting to-go option)

I have notes for that but I keep forgetting to go back to it. Will update one day.

@crinacle Really good post and that's exactly the one I was looking for. I don't see much JH Audio around, Have you tried to get them for a listen? I can see also that you're from around Melbourne Area (or being around here at some point), do you know a good audiologist around here for ear impressions?

I got all my impressions done in Singapore since I'm more familiar with the scene there. Don't want to make any rash recs for Melb hearing centres as I don't know their workmanship.

Yeah uh... "upset" is quite the understatement.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,513 of 3,338
I havent heard the xr adel before but the zeus xiv had the most natural timbre out of the flamenco, v8, erlkonig, anole lx. And andro tbh has a weird tonality, even a friend of mine admits his andro has that nature, and were both treble heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back