crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Sep 13, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #841 of 3,338
Would you be reviewing a P-EAR-S SH3 any time soon?

I ranked it but I do not currently own one so there will be no full review.

does the sony mdr ex7550 is a good choice for female vocal and still worth for 229$, or soranik Sp3 better ?, btw I wonder mdr 7550 had "Japanese tune" ? , thank you

I prefer SK3 for female vocals but that's just me. 7550 doesn't sound very Japanese-y to me.

Sep 13, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #842 of 3,338
I'd be curious as to your ranking of the Periodic Be .. have you had a chance to try them?

Sep 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #847 of 3,338
Do you plan to add the oBravo Ra or the Vision Ears Erlkönig?

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #849 of 3,338
Do you plan to add the oBravo Ra or the Vision Ears Erlkönig?

oBravo is hard to find but I'm always on the lookout. Erklonig will probably be at the end of the year.

@crinacle, any chance you could compare thee EE Bravado vs the UE 6 Pro? I haven't seen anyone compare them, and they compete for the same price market. Thanks!

I prefered the UE6, the Bravado was a little too V-shaped and slightly behind in terms of sheer resolution. UE6 is more balanced and perhaps had slightly better timbre as well.

Sep 15, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #850 of 3,338
How is the VE8 for metal? Seems like it has a great reputation around here.

according to some sources, it sounds like an improved version of Andromeda, in custom form!
That means better ergonomic and that is important for me.

I don't know well the Andromeda but the VE8 are great for metal and rock genres because of its midbass foundation and energetic trebles, they're very very easy to listen to. Technically they're in the same league as my SE5U, slightly a bit less transparent but more organic and most of all keeping a high level of articulation and separation.

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #851 of 3,338
Hi @crinacle thank you for the informative list. I grabbed a pair of UE 18+ 2nd Gen demo unit lately, and the housing is... expectedly too large for my ears. So far I can only get a reasonably good fit for my right ear, the left one just keeps sticking out (small bore silicone tips). As you own a pair of these, I wonder if you know where to find the right person for reshelling?

kk

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #852 of 3,338
Hi @crinacle thank you for the informative list. I grabbed a pair of UE 18+ 2nd Gen demo unit lately, and the housing is... expectedly too large for my ears. So far I can only get a reasonably good fit for my right ear, the left one just keeps sticking out (small bore silicone tips). As you own a pair of these, I wonder if you know where to find the right person for reshelling?

kk

I got a DIYer friend to do it for me but I'm not sure if he's taking any new jobs now. You can try asking the usual reshell companies like Lear, AAW, Naga Audio etc.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #853 of 3,338

kk

AAW for sure does it - I asked them a week ago :wink:

Sep 17, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #855 of 3,338
Hi Crinacle, don’t mind me asking but is there a MD+ review you might have written somewhere that I could have a read? Thank u!

I've written a small "review" on Reddit in a style quite different from my usual (catering to the audience and stuff) and another technical breakdown in a different site that I'm not allowed to link here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back